manchester or Liverpool uni

Watch this thread
Katiemick8
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am applying for Biology Masters this year and have unconditionals from both unis as I already have my results.
I prefer the first year accommodation of mamchester and the uni itself
But in liverpool I already have some friends (im terrible at making friends hence why its a big point for me) and i like the city but since carnatic got closed down im not too sure about accommodation.

Anyones two cents would be welcome/personal experiences/preferences

Thanks
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Katiemick8)
I am applying for Biology Masters this year and have unconditionals from both unis as I already have my results.
But in liverpool I already have some friends (im terrible at making friends hence why its a big point for me) and i like the city but since carnatic got closed down im not too sure about accommodation.

Thanks
Let us assume that you have already compared the academic part of both universities and you are not picky. The courses may be different at both unis with regard to the content, delivery and support.

Manchester is a large university with many different types of students. Its size can help any student to find their place and being in a city provides loads to do. On the other hand, if you prefer a smaller sized uni, then Manchester may be too big for you. So it is something that you should consider.

I dont know much about Liverpool, but you appear to know it.

I’d advise you to look at both unis and decide what you want to get from your uni experience. Maybe a pros and cons chart of both places can help you to clearly see where you prefer. Some examples include cost of living, rent, types of accommodation, food expenses, travel costs, university support, Student Union provisions, quality of course, location of accomodation, graduation prospects, other opportunities that you may like etc.

If you still struggle, then visit both unis and try to picture yourself there. Try to talk with the students esp the Biology ones.

all the best.
jdxae
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Katiemick8)

Thanks
100% Liverpool, its friendlier, easier to get round and better night
life.
JaredzzC
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jdxae)
100% Liverpool, its friendlier, easier to get round and better night
life.
That's a massive generalisation and not a very helpful post.
You seem to have a massive bias towards Liverpool, since you seem to go there.

Don't get me wrong, it's natural to not be impartial in that situation, but Wired_1800 also goes to Manchester and isn't pushing his agenda on the OP - more logical and justified reasons are given from his perspective.

I am a UoM student but I had Liverpool as my insurance choice so I looked into both quite a bit beforehand, but even so, I can only reiterate what Wired has said.
Katiemick8
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thanks everyone, ive been to both but to me it feels like choosing between two identical unis
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (29)
26.13%
As I expected (37)
33.33%
Harder (38)
34.23%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.31%

Watched Threads