Anonymous78910
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
i have an asda life assessment on friday and was wondering what i should expect? should i prepare? ive been told to bring a passport, is this it or should i take a pen? i've heard of the ASDA magic assessment is it the same? quite nervous i havent had an interview in a while.
Kat010223
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I have one Saturday and am wondering the same thing
Kayabalde
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
And how was it? Can you tell me a little about your experience please?
tfh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous78910)
i have an asda life assessment on friday and was wondering what i should expect? should i prepare? ive been told to bring a passport, is this it or should i take a pen? i've heard of the ASDA magic assessment is it the same? quite nervous i havent had an interview in a while.
Hi, how was the asda life assessment? I have my one soon, and I've never done an interview in my life for a job, this is my first time applying for jobs. Any tips? I'm so nervous!
emmab124
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I had an Asda Life assessment today, I was super nervous after reading all these threads as I’m not the most confident person, but it’s really not that bad. It is a group interview and we started by each had to introduce ourselves (nothing major just name, age, school, current job, literally anything). Then we were split into two groups and taken around the store to look for things we liked, didn’t like, and things we thought they could improve on, we were taken back into the conference room to then tell the group what we thought (for example I said I liked the idea of seasonal aisles as they’re always on rotation and kept up with peoples needs, I also said about offers being on the end of aisles so they catch peoples eye as they're walking from aisle to aisle). For the second part of the interview “have a go”, we all got paired up with an employee at different sections to get a feel of what the job entails, just be sure to ask loads of questions and show a lot of interest in what they’re doing. We then got taken back to the conference room to fill out our availability, notice period, any upcoming holidays etc. Lastly we were called one by one to have an “informal chat” about ourselves for them to get an insight to our personality. In this I got asked again to tell them about myself, talk about my availability, just normal conversation I knew the interviewers son so we were just chatting about him for a while. And the usual “why Asda?”, for this I simply said that I’ve never worked in a supermarket environment and I’m looking to broaden my experience in customer services and thought Asda was a great place to start considering it’s such a well known company etc. Haven’t heard back from then yet as it was only this afternoon but fingers crossed and hope this helps!
Aneeba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How did it go??

(Original post by emmab124)
I had an Asda Life assessment today, I was super nervous after reading all these threads as I’m not the most confident person, but it’s really not that bad. It is a group interview and we started by each had to introduce ourselves (nothing major just name, age, school, current job, literally anything). Then we were split into two groups and taken around the store to look for things we liked, didn’t like, and things we thought they could improve on, we were taken back into the conference room to then tell the group what we thought (for example I said I liked the idea of seasonal aisles as they’re always on rotation and kept up with peoples needs, I also said about offers being on the end of aisles so they catch peoples eye as they're walking from aisle to aisle). For the second part of the interview “have a go”, we all got paired up with an employee at different sections to get a feel of what the job entails, just be sure to ask loads of questions and show a lot of interest in what they’re doing. We then got taken back to the conference room to fill out our availability, notice period, any upcoming holidays etc. Lastly we were called one by one to have an “informal chat” about ourselves for them to get an insight to our personality. In this I got asked again to tell them about myself, talk about my availability, just normal conversation I knew the interviewers son so we were just chatting about him for a while. And the usual “why Asda?”, for this I simply said that I’ve never worked in a supermarket environment and I’m looking to broaden my experience in customer services and thought Asda was a great place to start considering it’s such a well known company etc. Haven’t heard back from then yet as it was only this afternoon but fingers crossed and hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (201)
71.02%
No I haven't decided yet (50)
17.67%
Yes but I might change my mind (32)
11.31%

Watched Threads