Jesus College, Oxford - Ask Us Anything Watch

JesusColOx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi there and welcome!

This is the official thread for Jesus College Oxford: where you can ask us anything you’d like to know about studying and life at Jesus College.

I’m Shelley, the Access & Admissions Assistant at Jesus. I’ll monitor this thread regularly and answer your queries as best as I can. We’re also hoping to run some ‘live chats’ with current Jesus undergrads too, which will be organised by our brilliant Access Reps, so keep an eye here for further details.

All the best from Jesus College, Oxford.

DISCLAIMER

Whilst we'll endeavour to give the best advice possible, everything we write here is for guidance only. For admissions queries: final admissions decisions will only be made by selectors at each college/department. If you have any specific admissions queries you should contact the Admissions Officer directly. We will NEVER disclose personal information or discuss individual cases/specific students.
happyhooligan03
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JesusColOx)
Hi there and welcome!

This is the official thread for Jesus College Oxford: where you can ask us anything you’d like to know about studying and life at Jesus College.

I’m Shelley, the Access & Admissions Assistant at Jesus. I’ll monitor this thread regularly and answer your queries as best as I can. We’re also hoping to run some ‘live chats’ with current Jesus undergrads too, which will be organised by our brilliant Access Reps, so keep an eye here for further details.

All the best from Jesus College, Oxford.

DISCLAIMER

Whilst we'll endeavour to give the best advice possible, everything we write here is for guidance only. For admissions queries: final admissions decisions will only be made by selectors at each college/department. If you have any specific admissions queries you should contact the Admissions Officer directly. We will NEVER disclose personal information or discuss individual cases/specific students.
hey shelly. I realise you offer engineering science.

Do people who already have their A level grades and have met the standard requirwments get a place? As in is it guaranteed or are we prone to rejection??
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JesusColOx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by happyhooligan03)
hey shelly. I realise you offer engineering science.

Do people who already have their A level grades and have met the standard requirwments get a place? As in is it guaranteed or are we prone to rejection??
Hi there,

Thank you for your question. Yes, Engineering Science is offered at Jesus College. There is no guarantee of a place on any course regardless of whether entry requirements have been met; applications are assessed in line with our common framework and along with all other applications for the chosen subject.

All prospective applicants must apply via UCAS and sit any required admissions tests. If shortlisted for interview candidates must attend as requested - regardless of whether they already meet the standard qualification requirements. Your qualifications, written application, any applicable written work, admissions test performance (where applicable) and interview performance, along with any contextual information, will all be considered by the admissions tutors for your subject when making admissions decisions. It should be noted that work experience and life skills can also be taken into account by the admissions tutors; however, entry qualifications are expected to have been undertaken within the three years before you apply.

You can find all of the most up-to-date information for specific courses on the University of Oxford website.

Best wishes,

Shelley
Jesus College Oxford.
happyhooligan03
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JesusColOx)
Hi there,

Thank you for your question. Yes, Engineering Science is offered at Jesus College. There is no guarantee of a place on any course regardless of whether entry requirements have been met; applications are assessed in line with our common framework and along with all other applications for the chosen subject.

All prospective applicants must apply via UCAS and sit any required admissions tests. If shortlisted for interview candidates must attend as requested - regardless of whether they already meet the standard qualification requirements. Your qualifications, written application, any applicable written work, admissions test performance (where applicable) and interview performance, along with any contextual information, will all be considered by the admissions tutors for your subject when making admissions decisions. It should be noted that work experience and life skills can also be taken into account by the admissions tutors; however, entry qualifications are expected to have been undertaken within the three years before you apply.

You can find all of the most up-to-date information for specific courses on the University of Oxford website.

Best wishes,

Shelley
Jesus College Oxford.
Hi thanks for replying to my question.

To add to that would we be disadvantaged if we dont do anything related to Engineering while on our gap year?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JesusColOx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by happyhooligan03)
Hi thanks for replying to my question.

To add to that would we be disadvantaged if we dont do anything related to Engineering while on our gap year?
Hi there,

A gap year can be taken for many reasons and encompass all different types of work, activities, skills and experiences. What you do with it is unlikely to disadvantage you; however, we (and possibly many other universities) would be interested in 'super-curricula' activities you have done (e.g. volunteering), which demonstrate a deeper interest and link to your subject. As explained above, there are many aspects of the application that are considered when admissions decisions are made.

Best wishes,

Shelley
Jesus College Oxford
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (33)
13.87%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.82%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.01%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (29)
12.18%
How can I be the best version of myself? (71)
29.83%

Watched Threads