Grad2019
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Been checking too but nothing, and now it's after 5!
I'd pretend to be surprised but given the initial date for getting essay results was the end of February the whole thing just keeps rumbling on!
it's annoying they know they can treat us like this because we are powerless but it does not make them look like an attractive employer at all.
Last edited by Grad2019; 9 months ago
spa14
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I've had emails from them before at 7pm so maybe there's still hope haha, but yeah it's crazy that we submitted the essays in February and still haven't heard back, I really can't see what would make it take this long
oxfordgrad2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I am not interviewing this year, but for those asking about updates - I understand this year they have been about 5 ACs, there is one or two more I think from next week. Candidates have been reviewed on a rolling basis I have heard, so those who are really exceptional have been made offers pretty quickly after ACs, but most have been put on a waiting list I believe. Then those on the waiting list will hear something after the final AC (in 1/2 weeks) when the remaining places are allocated.

Best of luck everyone - hopefully you will hear something soon.
oxfordgrad2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I have heard that it is a series of 6 topics to discuss, which you dont need preparation on, with questions like is social media good, should the voting age be lowered, should smoking be banned, etc. Like the Hot Air balloon debates at secondary school.

Main thing as with all group tasks is: not to stay quiet, work as a team, contribute and consider others contributions, encourage others to contribute, consider all factors and any new ideas/perspectives. You might be asked to summarise the topic at the end of each mini-session.
(Original post by Rizwan1)
Hi oxfordgrad2,Thanks for the valuable tips. Any tips for group activity tasks coming this year as a change?Kind regards
Grad2019
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
//delete//
Last edited by Grad2019; 9 months ago
Grad2019
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Just got this

"You are still in the process as Ofcom are still assessing and we will probably have an answer for you this week or next week at the latest as the assessment centres for other roles begin to wrap up."
Redtobythedog
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Still haven't heard anything!
Claire Henley
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is there a 2020 ofcom graduate thread??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (4)
30.77%
My career doesn't need one (1)
7.69%
I'm sick of studying (3)
23.08%
I can't find a course I want to do (0)
0%
I don't know enough about them (0)
0%