The Student Room Group

uni help

So I'm in my second year of biomed and the teachers have decide to do online exams. Last year we only had online mcq's and a written essay exam but now everything is online and I don't feel comfortable typing at all. I have trued to type my notes and I am very slow.
We don't have any mocks and all the questions given by lecturers are MCQ's

Ive asked my personal tutor who said I can ask my head of course but my head of course doesn't want to meet me personally and only discuss by email
what do I do know, I really don't feel comfortable typing in the exam?
Original post by Pisces42
So I'm in my second year of biomed and the teachers have decide to do online exams. Last year we only had online mcq's and a written essay exam but now everything is online and I don't feel comfortable typing at all. I have trued to type my notes and I am very slow.
We don't have any mocks and all the questions given by lecturers are MCQ's

Ive asked my personal tutor who said I can ask my head of course but my head of course doesn't want to meet me personally and only discuss by email
what do I do know, I really don't feel comfortable typing in the exam?

I'm pretty sure I've answered you on a different thread a few weeks ago...

Anyway, what makes you uncomfortable typing? Do you have a diagnosed condition that could provide you with mitigating circumstances as to why you can't type?

If it's just a case of being a slow typer, then your only real option is to practice typing quicker. You haven't said whether the exams are timed at all, but I'm presuming that's the main issue here.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
I'm pretty sure I've answered you on a different thread a few weeks ago...

Anyway, what makes you uncomfortable typing? Do you have a diagnosed condition that could provide you with mitigating circumstances as to why you can't type?

If it's just a case of being a slow typer, then your only real option is to practice typing quicker. You haven't said whether the exams are timed at all, but I'm presuming that's the main issue here.

Thanks I did ask a few weeks ago but someon told me to talk to my tutor and course rep and when they didn't help thats why i asked again for what to do now. I don’t have a condition but the problem is that the head of the department doesn’t want to meet. How can i tell her i want to meet her personally without annoying her? Because when i told her im having problems she just asks me what they are over email id rather discuss it with her face to face.
Original post by Pisces42
Thanks I did ask a few weeks ago but someon told me to talk to my tutor and course rep and when they didn't help thats why i asked again for what to do now. I don’t have a condition but the problem is that the head of the department doesn’t want to meet. How can i tell her i want to meet her personally without annoying her? Because when i told her im having problems she just asks me what they are over email id rather discuss it with her face to face.

If you don't have a condition or any other legitimate reason with proof, then I'm afraid you won't get any mitigating circumstances approved. You just need to do the exam like everyone else. I'm sure there are many people who hate typing, but they accept that typing in an essential part of any degree. Taking to your HoD in person is not very likely to make any difference; she's probably extremely busy and cannot fit in face-to-face meetings. Why can't you just email her anyway? If that's the only method of communication she's offered, you just need to do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending