lawchoseme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys,

Which topics in land law are the easiest ? Please choose three.

Topics: Registered land, easements, covenants, mortgages, leases , co-ownership

Same for Trusts and Equity : Certainties, formalities/powers, tracing, constitution, charitable trusts, d elegation
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I spent most time on easements, covenants and leases. I did mortgages and AP, as well. But that doesn't really help you -- do the subjects you find more engaging, because these will be the ones which you'll have a better understanding of. Also, say I chose some of the topics because the past papers at my uni showed they had questions which popped up repeatedly, there's no reason this would be the same at your uni.

I spent more time on certainties, constitution, charity. The same caveat applies.
Bitesizelaw
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lawchoseme)
Hey guys,

Which topics in land law are the easiest ? Please choose three.

Topics: Registered land, easements, covenants, mortgages, leases , co-ownership

Same for Trusts and Equity : Certainties, formalities/powers, tracing, constitution, charitable trusts, d elegation

It's impossible to say and a very dangerous strategy to confine your study of these two subjects to such a small number of topics. (I assume that you don't intend to pursue a career in the law when you graduate.)

Some topics are perceived as being ‘easier’ than others, but it can be harder to obtain higher grades as you need to have a much more detailed knowledge of the topic to distinguish your answer from the other run-of-the mill answers and examiners are far less forgiving of errors.

I have read hundreds (possibly thousands) of unimpressive exam answers on tracing (which students believe is ‘easy’) where students can only show that they have grasped the basics and haven’t read the cases in any detail. On the other hand, I have read some excellent answers on certainty of objects which everyone would agree is 'difficult'. Students who demonstrated that they had understood the law and applied it intelligently really stood out from the crowd.

Good luck with your studies.

(Private land law tutor)
lawchoseme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Bitesizelaw)
It's impossible to say and a very dangerous strategy to confine your study of these two subjects to such a small number of topics. (I assume that you don't intend to pursue a career in the law when you graduate.)

Some topics are perceived as being ‘easier’ than others, but it can be harder to obtain higher grades as you need to have a much more detailed knowledge of the topic to distinguish your answer from the other run-of-the mill answers and examiners are far less forgiving of errors.

I have read hundreds (possibly thousands) of unimpressive exam answers on tracing (which students believe is ‘easy’) where students can only show that they have grasped the basics and haven’t read the cases in any detail. On the other hand, I have read some excellent answers on certainty of objects which everyone would agree is 'difficult'. Students who demonstrated that they had understood the law and applied it intelligently really stood out from the crowd.

Good luck with your studies.

(Private land law tutor)
Hello thanks so much for your help. Actually yes, I intend to pursue law as a career but not in Trusts and Land law. The reason I'm asking this is because my exam require us to choose and do only three questions. Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Bitesizelaw
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lawchoseme)
Hello thanks so much for your help. Actually yes, I intend to pursue law as a career but not in Trusts and Land law. The reason I'm asking this is because my exam require us to choose and do only three questions. Thanks a lot for your feedback.

If you intend to practice law, I would choose co-ownership as it crops up in many different areas.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads