The Student Room Group

Leicester or Keele Medicine

I’ve heard back from 2 universities giving me offers. One is Leicester. I have 1 more to hear back from and 1 more interview too at Keele.

I’m not sure whether to go to the Keele interview as it’s a bit of a journey, we will have to pay for accommodation and I don’t mind going to Leicester but at the same time I have never visited Keele and could love it?

Can people tell me a bit about it? Also is Leicester not a very nice city? Personally would you rather go to Keele or Leicester to do medicine?
Reply 1
Where is your other offer? Are you also happy to go there?

Ask yourself why you chose Keele, their usual offer is A*AA - is that achievable?
Reply 2
Original post by Laycity
Where is your other offer? Are you also happy to go there?

Ask yourself why you chose Keele, their usual offer is A*AA - is that achievable?

I choose Keele because I stood a better chance of getting in- my UKCAT wasn’t great. I already have achieved A level grades as well.
Bit weird that you aren't telling us where the second offer is. Is it somewhere that you're certain is inferior to Leicester?

What have you found out about Keele and Leicester from your research already?
Reply 4
I had an interview on 4th Jan and received an offer a few days ago. I do have achieved a level grades though
Reply 5
Original post by nexttime
Bit weird that you aren't telling us where the second offer is. Is it somewhere that you're certain is inferior to Leicester?

What have you found out about Keele and Leicester from your research already?

Thought I’d already replied to this but it’s not on the thread? The other uni is Lincoln and the main thing which puts me off is that it’s a new medical school
Original post by A*my
I’ve heard back from 2 universities giving me offers. One is Leicester. I have 1 more to hear back from and 1 more interview too at Keele.

I’m not sure whether to go to the Keele interview as it’s a bit of a journey, we will have to pay for accommodation and I don’t mind going to Leicester but at the same time I have never visited Keele and could love it?

Can people tell me a bit about it? Also is Leicester not a very nice city? Personally would you rather go to Keele or Leicester to do medicine?

I think Keele is a lot quieter than Leicester so that's something to think about

Quick Reply

Latest