How Do You Stay Sustainable At University?Watch
- Sustainable art exhibition
- EnviroSoc Litter Pick on Plymouth Hoe, Central Park, Saltram
- Sustainability fair
- EcoBrick Building Session
- Dr Bike (Bike Repairs)
- Guided Cycle Ride of Plymouth's Ethical Businesses
- Build Your Future Conference - Sustainability Session
- Mount Batten Beach Clean
- Picking litter as you paddle through Royal William Yard with SUP
- The Green Conservation, Environment, and Sustainability FOrum
- Weapons of Sound gig
- Vegan food in the SU
- and the list goes on!
My question is, how important do you think it is to be sustainable, and how do you try to be sustainable yourself?
I recycle as much of my waste as I can, and I love to upcycle old household items. I try to avoid meal deals and takeaways as much as possible due to the amount of waste it creates, and I make sure I take a bottle or flask wherever I go! If I'm at the beach, I try to pick up rubbish and I really like visiting conservation sites. Those are just a few things I can think of!
- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep
At Keele we've just finished a volunteer-led campus clean-up; sustainability is at the heart of much of Keele, since we're based in the countryside mostly.
We also have a part time campus and environment officer position within the Student Union who looks at Sustainability for students.
The sustainability bungalow in Barnes Halls is also a chance for students to see if they can live in a completely eco-friendly way for weeks at a time.
Mark, Second year at Keele