ge36dal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is A level Information from Pearson the same as A level computer science from Cambridge? Which one is easier? Which one would you recommend for a private candidate who has a programming background?
Hammad(214508)
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have a look at past exam papers and see how they are, which one matches with your knowledge.
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you mean Information Technology? If so, that's not the same thing as Computer Science.

Generally speaking, Information Technology is focused on areas such as IT management, project management, software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office/Access/etc.), social media, usage of information/data in business, and various legal, ethical and professional issues related to IT

Computer Science tends to be a lot more technical - The focus tends to be on programming, algorithms, problem-solving, computational thinking, hardware, networking, and computer science theory.

There's usually some 'cross-over' between the two - for example, IT often covers databases and some web design. Also, Computer Science will usually cover some software project management too; however generally speaking IT is mostly non-technical, whereas Computer Science is a lot more technical.
ge36dal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Could you tell me which books I should buy if I want to study Information Technology?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (94)
38.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
11.11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.41%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.46%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7%

Watched Threads