The Student Room Group

Health and social care Extended Diploma

im going to be starting a lvl 3 health and social care course in september, and ive been told that its alot of coursework.

ive never really done a coursework based subject before, so was wondering if anyone whos done this course or similar stuff can tell me what its like.

what sort of things are you going to be doing coursework wise?, how much writing is involved in it, how much work is there roughly that you get given?, can you balance stuff like going out and doing things with the amount of work youre gonna get given and how hard is it to get good grades in it as id like to to to uni for midwifery afterwards:smile:
Reply 1
it depends what spec your doing im doing the older one but ive heard the newer one requires a lot more work, but I'm still in my first year but the course work was a big shock I knew people who were doing coursework at gcse and it was no wear near the amount I'm doing at the moment, but you need to keep up with the courses 'news' so like go on websites like the nursing times or the news in general to help you with topics and try and find out what topics your doing and try and pre revise as it may not be like what you expected. for some assimgents and topics ive had to write like 12 pages to hit all the criteria and even failed with doing 12 but ive hit all of the criteria with only doing a couple of pages for some of the tasks. expect resubs for you first assimgents I know you may try so hard on your first assigments and end up failing them all even though you worked so hard but youve just got to go thorugh It with your teacher and work even harder. It can definitely be a shock to the system at first but just try and revise whilst learning the topic by getting to textbooks as it will help you hit the criteria.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending