The Student Room Group

Durham, UEA or Lancaster for Geology/Earth Sciences?

I have offers from these three universities and am unsure which university I would choose as my number one. They all seem too good to separate. I have an interview coming up at Bristol and am waiting to hear back from Exeter. Only asking this question in relation to the quality of the university and the career prospects from graduation.

Durham seem to be one of the more repututable universities out there and are part a member of the Russell Group (which I have only just discovered). However, they do not offer a year abroad a part of their course which I am keen to do, but would be prepared to give up. Lancaster was voted the university of the year in 2018, have top accommodation and looks great from the outside looking in. UEA is the only open day that I have attended. They seem with the times and are high up in the UK rankings. To have Bristol and Exeter in the mix would also make things more complicated.

If you attend/have attended any of these universities, you advice would be particularly welcome.

Thanks in advance.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by zekegeo
I have offers from these three universities and am unsure which university I would choose as my number one. They all seem too good to separate. I have an interview coming up at Bristol and am waiting to hear back from Exeter. Only asking this question in relation to the quality of the university and the career prospects from graduation.

Durham seem to be one of the more repututable universities out there and are part a member of the Russell Group (which I have only just discovered). However, they do not offer a year abroad a part of their course which I am keen to do, but would be prepared to give up. Lancaster was voted the university of the year in 2018, have top accommodation and looks great from the outside looking in. UEA is the only open day that I have attended. They seem with the times and are high up in the UK rankings. To have Bristol and Exeter in the mix would also make things more complicated.

If you attend/have attended any of these universities, you advice would be particularly welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there :smile:

It's nice to hear that you're considering studying at UEA! I graduated back in July after studying Media Studies for four years and I'm now doing an internship here too. If you have any questions at all then please feel free to ask!

Heidi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending