The Student Room Group

What is the most physical pain you have experienced?

Scroll to see replies

when I was around 5 or 6, my dad was riding on a motorbike with me at the front. A freaking cat walked along the narrow road and holy moly did the bike drop down. I fell off the bike - this wasn't even painful - and I think I was leaning on the exhaust/muffler and after a good 10 minutes, I noticed my forearm was being burnt because the exhaust/muffler i was leaning on was burning hot since we were riding on the bike for about an hour :smile: it didn't hurt but I can't remember if it did either and I still have the burn scar on my forearm which is perfect.
I haven't acquired many injuries, so I'd say period pains
umm period cramps 😬
Reply 23
Knee. Balls.
i was at the beach and stepped on something - i think it might have been an urchin, they release a chemical that basically feels like little tiny cramps, but all over your foot or like hot lava flowing through your veins. my pain threshold is VERY high, but i was screaming when in the sea for help bc i couldnt walk and had to be carried over to the medical centre where they gave me a paracetamol... it didnt do ****, my foot was bruised black and blue afterwards and stayed like that for just under a week. even imagining the pain now makes me feel like i wanna pass out
Mountain biking accident. Didn't need an ambulance but they did have to call out a van to pick me up. Bike was damaged and the helmet cracked.
Tearing my cartilage and then it got trapped in the knee joint. I could physically straighten by leg lol
I once broke my leg in two places. The actual leg break wasn't that painful, but the week or two just after the surgery when you can feel the metal plate in your leg is absolute agony.
My dad shut the door whilst my thumb was on the edge of it. It tore right open just below the bone so I had to get it stitched back on. It was kind of funny, dad was more worried about facing my mum's wrath than the screaming child in front of him :biggrin:
Reply 29
burnt my hand when I was 16 with one of those iron steam machines while volunteering in a charity shop and I was too scared (and shy) to say anything about it and spent two hours suffering the pain
Menstrual cramps. They would make me faint, vomit and be unable to stand up without collapsing.

And I get headaches, most likely will be diagnosed as migraines. So horrible my eyes feel like they're being squeezed, my head is being squeezed, and I can't keep my eyes open because the pain hurts so bad to be moving my eyes to look at things.

The stomach cramps from gastroenteritis were pretty disgusting too.
(edited 5 years ago)
Childbirth, a number of times. Cramps? It’s an insult to draw a comparison.
(edited 5 years ago)
When I fell through a window probably
Original post by Dunya
My dad shut the door whilst my thumb was on the edge of it. It tore right open just below the bone so I had to get it stitched back on. It was kind of funny, dad was more worried about facing my mum's wrath than the screaming child in front of him :biggrin:

This would be my father 😂😂
I had juvenile arthritis in my hips when I was young, between 9 and 12ish. During the first flare-up I had the pain was so intense that I was rushed to A&E; I couldn't walk properly or attempt to sit down. The pain wasn't constant, but when it did flare-up it was bad enough to keep me off school and wouldn't calm down unless I had strong anti-inflammatory medication. Other than that I think the worst pain I've had has been period pain during migraines, that would easily put me out of action for at least a day
lol i broke my finger when i was six...the finger is messed up but i haven't broken anything since :')
Either subluxing my ribs (and then skiing, backpacking and canoeing with it) or post tonsillectomy. Probably worst overall was tonsillectomy given where it was and that it was made worse by eating or drinking. Just the pain was probably about the same for both though. On the bright side it doesn't usually hurt when my ribs pop out anymore. :P
Oh or a nurse digging around trying to fit an iv while I was dehydrated (took 6 tries). That was probably a worse pain, but a short lived one so meh. Poor lady in the bed opposite just awkwardly trying to do a comforting smile watching it all XD

Quick Reply

Latest