AUB vs Portsmouth for illustration

Watch
Kriszta23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have applied to do illustration and have been give an unconditional offer from Portsmouth and a conditional offer to go do a foundation course in Bournemouth, which if I pass then they will give me a place on their illustration course , I’m stuck between the two but thinking that Portsmouth May be a better option....
ClockworkPaws
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello! Honestly, this is your decision. I think you should weigh up the different factors! Have you visited both unis?
What I would consider in your situation would be:
1. Which location do I prefer?
2. Which course do I prefer?
3. Do I want to spend an extra year on a foundation just to get to Bournemouth's course?

Then there's things like student life, how expensive the area is, course opportunities like trips or year abroad, the uni as a whole when it comes to employability, careers advice, student satisfaction etc. and then finally league tables (though I find these quite irrelevant for art subjects, they're still somewhat useful to look at! Portsmouth have moved up to #25 in the The Times I think!)
Kriszta23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you ! That’s given me things to research that I hadn’t really thought about before 😊 x
ClockworkPaws
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kriszta23)
Thank you ! That’s given me things to research that I hadn’t really thought about before 😊 x
No problem, I hope you get on alright! At the end of the day go for the uni/course that you think you'd be happiest with!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (75)
37.13%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (22)
10.89%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (14)
6.93%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (50)
24.75%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.38%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.92%

Watched Threads