Student Finance Questions(s) Watch

Jaszxy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am currently considering applying for a Foundation Degree (Science-related) which would take 2 years to complete with around £3,000 annual tuition fee. After that, I am planning on applying for Medicine.

1. Will the Student Finance company finance both of the FD and the actual Medical degree?

2. Would it be better for me to finance the FD and resort to Student Finance once I've applied for Medicine?

3. Does the Student Finance company finance for the duration of the Medical course?

Thank you!
SFE Nihad
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Jaszxy)
I am currently considering applying for a Foundation Degree (Science-related) which would take 2 years to complete with around £3,000 annual tuition fee. After that, I am planning on applying for Medicine.

1. Will the Student Finance company finance both of the FD and the actual Medical degree?

2. Would it be better for me to finance the FD and resort to Student Finance once I've applied for Medicine?

3. Does the Student Finance company finance for the duration of the Medical course?

Thank you!
Hi there,

Will your medicine course be Graduate Entry or Undergraduate Entry? Is your foundation course going to be two years in length?

Regards,
Nihad
Jaszxy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by SFE Nihad)
Hi there,

Will your medicine course be Graduate Entry or Undergraduate Entry? Is your foundation course going to be two years in length?

Regards,
Nihad
The Foundation Degree Biological Sciences will take 2 years to complete and will be worth approx. £3,000 per annum in tuition fee. After this, I will be considering applying to an Undergraduate Medicine course within the UK which would take around 5-6 years to complete and based on the current tuition fees would cost myself around £9k per year if not more on tuition fees. I have heard that the Student Finance (Northern Ireland) will only finance the duration of the course. This would mean that I'd be better off paying 3k a year for the foundation degree and resort to student finance once I'll confirm my application to Medicine afterwards. Thanks for the response!
OrangeTurltle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am in the 2nd year of my study I applied to the OU with proven residency of more than 3 years, 20+ In the U.K. I’m a British citizen.

My first year was complete in the U.K. and my second year I moved mid course temp.

I have spent 1 year in Canada distance learning due to my partners mother being diagnosed with Cancer.

The OU have suspended my 3rd year course and told me I’m not entitled to student finance or government funding.

I am in Canada Temp and return 2019/2020. I do not intend to be resident here.

What do I need to do to prove I am applicable for student finance and my course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?