university decision help Watch

leobarry
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi
I was just wondering which university would be better for computer science university of loughborough or royal holloway university of london. which one of those uni has better reputation, employability and overall which uni has better computer science facility.

Thank you
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which one would you be happiest at and most likely to get the best results?
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by leobarry)
Hi
I was just wondering which university would be better for computer science university of loughborough or royal holloway university of london. which one of those uni has better reputation, employability and overall which uni has better computer science facility.

Thank you
Loughborough has the better reputation but RH is still a decent Uni, and I don't know which Uni has better computer science facilities. You really need to visit them both because they have a very different "feel". Loughborough is very sporty and lively, whereas RH is a much smaller campus and pretty quiet by Uni standards. RH has the reputation of being a bit posh, middle class, white (apart from the international students) while Loughborough and the immediate area around it will be more mixed.
Royal Holloway, University of London
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi

Thank you
Hi leobarry,

It's great to hear you're interested in studying with us.

At Royal Holloway, the Department of Computer Science offers you the opportunity to develop problem-solving skills based on a thorough understanding of computing as a science. You'll be learning in a hands-on environment that allows you to grow and discover who you are and what you want to do when you graduate. Our Department for Computer Science is 4th in the UK for graduate prospects (Complete University Guide, 2019) and with the help of the department and our Careers and Employability Services, there's always someone there to help you in finding jobs and internships and helping you prepare for interviews.

If you haven't already, I would recommend visiting each university so you can meet with the students and staff and take a look at the facilities. If visiting the campus isn't a possibility, we offer online events where you can have a virtual experience while still being able to chat to students and staff about the campus and department. We have a couple of Applicant Visit Days and an Online Applicant Event coming up so if you've already received an offer to study with us, your invitation will have been emailed to you. Additionally, we offer Open Days and Online Open Days if you haven't applied yet.

Susana
Last edited by Royal Holloway, University of London; 1 month ago
Loughborough University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi

Thank you
Hi leobarry,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying with us here at Loughborough.

Loughborough offers it's Computer Science students a stimulating learning and working environment in our multi-million-pound refurbished Haslegrave Building, with state-of-the-art lab facilities, study areas,and seminar rooms. 97% of our graduates are in work, or further study (DLHE 2016), and the starting salary, on average, for our graduates is £28,000 (DLHE 2016). Our Careers Network offers loads of help in sourcing a placement and finding graduate jobs e.g. checking CVs, mock interview prep, assessment centre help.

Ultimately, the decision of choosing a university is up to personal preference. It should be grounded in more than the course too. After all, you will be spending a fair amount of time at whichever place you choose. So, as suggested earlier on in the thread, you should try to visit each of your choices and see how you feel there too. You can book onto an open day here, as this will give you a chance to talk to current students, and the academics that may be teaching you and get a feel for what it's really like to study at Loughborough University. Alternatively, you can come and take a self-guided tour as Loughborough operates an open campus, meaning you can visit at any time.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Priya
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (124)
17.92%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.4%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (67)
9.68%
How can I be the best version of myself? (209)
30.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed