Struggling with module in term 2 and fear of failing a module for Postgraduate study Watch

Maxi2011
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I am struggling to understand the concepts and do the coursework for a module in semester 2. It is a Computer Science MSc on PT at QMUL. I fear that I may not be able to submit CW/take the final year exam later the year and therefore get my my student status terminated. I took a Postgraduate Masters Loan for this course which is expected to finish in September 2020. Can anybody tell me how it will affect my finances/tution fees and what are the drawbacks in terms of the student finance payments. What happens if I am to quit now instead in semester 2 but before semester 3 starts or if I can't progress to my second year later after the May exam periods?

Thanks in advance
SFE Dean
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Maxi2011)
Hi,

I am struggling to understand the concepts and do the coursework for a module in semester 2. It is a Computer Science MSc on PT at QMUL. I fear that I may not be able to submit CW/take the final year exam later the year and therefore get my my student status terminated. I took a Postgraduate Masters Loan for this course which is expected to finish in September 2020. Can anybody tell me how it will affect my finances/tution fees and what are the drawbacks in terms of the student finance payments. What happens if I am to quit now instead in semester 2 but before semester 3 starts or if I can't progress to my second year later after the May exam periods?

Thanks in advance
Hello,

If you decide to withdraw (leave the course for good) then it will depend on the timing of the withdrawal as to how your payments are affected.

The university would inform us electronically of the date you left the course and we’d write out to you with the update.

If the withdrawal is after a payment date, then you will able to keep that Postgraduate Loan payment but any future payments will be blocked. Your application will not be re-assessed based on the number of days you were in attendance.

You will then enter repayment the following April, but only have to start paying back the Postgraduate Loan when you earn over £21,000.

Warm Regards, Dean.
Maxi2011
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi Dean,

Thanks a lot for clearing this concern for me. I am going to talk with my supervisor at the end of the week and then decide what's best. As for term 2 it ends on 29/03/2019 but on my SFL account the next scheduled payments seems to be 23/04/2019. I will consider all possible solutions for me and results for the upcoming modules but before the exam season starts in May 2019 and then decide whether to stop my currrent course (haven't received any outside help from the course leaders or lecturers as after class support so it is not very encouraging) and it is putting me into debts for the future.

Regards,

M.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.66%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.24%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (93)
14.58%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.87%
How can I be the best version of myself? (192)
30.09%

Watched Threads