What's the average amount of times a guy gets rejected before they find someone? Watch

Justbeingmyself
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
It seems to me the dating process is similar to job hunting in that there are numerous setbacks before success, and a lot of resilience and patience involved. It's also not as simple as just being a decent person and ok looking.
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Justbeingmyself)
It seems to me the dating process is similar to job hunting in that there are numerous setbacks before success, and a lot of resilience and patience involved. It's also not as simple as just being a nice person and ok looking.
6.295530593 (rounded to 10 significant figures)
tashkent46
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Justbeingmyself)
It seems to me the dating process is similar to job hunting in that there are numerous setbacks before success, and a lot of resilience and patience involved. It's also not as simple as just being a decent person and ok looking.
I've been dumped twice but never been rejected. Of the four women I've asked out all said yes. Granted I work them down to the point any other answer is unacceptable and I've probably missed out on a lot of other relationships because I've mistakenly believed they weren't interested and didn't ask for fear.
JDieMstr
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
By my calculations, it is close to a million if you're not rich, famous and/or 10/10. If these don't apply to you then I'm sorry mate but no fish is gonna want your bait.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
agrew
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you're one ugly mother****er, your rejection rate increases exponentially. Applicable for both genders.
LA97
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The fact that you treat relationships with such disdain is worrying. There is something profoundly wrong with you. If you're narurally charming/ a minimum nice you wouldn't be asking this question
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends if you're asking out random girls lol.

For me it's zero because I don't spend any time doing that. I just live my life and let relationships form naturally with people I meet.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The answer to that question depends on so many factors that it is imppssible to calculate. For me though the answer will be zero, because I never have approached somebody and never will until I am certain the outcome will be the desired one. Unless just trying to tell someone she was pretty (got shut down before I was able to), and nothing more, counts as an approach.
sinfonietta
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Some will get lucky on the first try. Some may be rejected continuously.
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think it's quite high unless you're playing in the premier league. Also since most guys want to play a bit above their league.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (50)
15.11%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (28)
8.46%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (63)
19.03%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (51)
15.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (39)
11.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (100)
30.21%

Watched Threads