Problems facing the Sikh community

Watch
Ksingh13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What do you think the biggest problems are in our community? I believe it's a lack of education/knowledge which is causing a lot of Sikhs to miss out on this amazing faith and what it teaches.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The sikh religion is fascinating, contains so much useful advice and the sikh community are very hospitable.
I'm not sikh or asian.
A lot of my liberal sikh friends are very wary of traditionalist sikhs because they are scared of the khalistanis.
Mainly the aggressive attitude towards vegetarianism and against interfaith marriage.
Ksingh13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Its great to hear that you think highly of Sikhs. That's understandable, I think Khalistan is quite controversial. I think most Sikhs are happy in the countries that they're in. But I believe due to persecutions the Sikhs in India have faced in the past the desire for a Sikh state exist. True Sikhs should not in any shape or form force another, or judge others, to come in line with their own ideals. They can advise yes, but the best thing is letting people be free to choose what they want for themselves.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I think another problem is the grooming gangs. This has been highlighted by the BBC and Sikh Youth UK.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (386)
56.76%
I don't have everything I need (294)
43.24%

Watched Threads