God, Religion and Faith Watch

danicl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I was wondering what are the beliefs of other people here regarding these topics.

Personally I believe in God, and my faith is Catholic. I believe that Dogma in the Catholic Church are absolutely real and I'm convinced that this is the only one true religion and the best path that leads us to God.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by danicl)
I was wondering what are the beliefs of other people here regarding these topics.

Personally I believe in God, and my faith is Catholic. I believe that Dogma in the Catholic Church are absolutely real and I'm convinced that this is the only one true religion and the best path that leads us to God.
Then you'd probably best head over to the religion, faith and spirituality section where you will find lots of opinions.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Then prepare yourself for hell because you will be sinning every day for not abiding by every rule.
dani91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, but I was new here and I didn't know how to post in that section, but now I know.

I want to delete this post and to write it in that section, but I can't delete this post.

Someone can tell me how to delete this thread?

(Original post by ageshallnot)
Then you'd probably best head over to the religion, faith and spirituality section where you will find lots of opinions.
dani91
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nobody needs to prepare to go to hell, you just arrive there after death if you don't trust in God.

I am preparing to have a steadfast will to sin no more and obey God's commandments.

(Original post by Bio 7)
Then prepare yourself for hell because you will be sinning every day for not abiding by every rule.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you really believe that you are eating human flesh and drinking human blood?
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
I hope not. It's a sad state if the education system fails that badly.
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm convinced that this is the only one true religion
But what about all the other religions which say the same thing about themselves?
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dani91)
Yes, but I was new here and I didn't know how to post in that section, but now I know.

I want to delete this post and to write it in that section, but I can't delete this post.

Someone can tell me how to delete this thread?
Ask a mod to move it into the section of faith & spirituality or Religion if you want a debate.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/for...lay.php?f=1215

Or report this post if you want it deleted.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago

Would you say to some extent, Islam and Catholicism is similar?
yzanne
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Not here for a debate - you asked my opinion so here it is!

I was raised Christian...but have felt like I have lost my faith a little. I often get told things like 'put your trust in him' but honestly, I don't want to be lectured on relgiion. I believe when the time comes, God will come to me and I will be opened up. So I'm keeping an open mind, to whatever religion comes my way!
Opaltine596
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not averse to the idea of God so i'd say i'm agnostic, i don't really like the idea of religion given how restrictive it is and i'm gay so overall i feel pretty pushed out by it anyway, especially by people who claim to love everyone and tell you they accept you then immediately follow up with telling you how sinful your lifestyle is lol
dani91
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Transubstantiation is, according to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, the change of substance or essence by which the bread and wine offered in the sacrifice of the sacrament of the Eucharist during the Mass, become, in reality, the body and blood of Jesus Christ.

(Original post by RogerOxon)
Duncan2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Transubstantiation is, according to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, the change of substance or essence by which the bread and wine offered in the sacrifice of the sacrament of the Eucharist during the Mass, become, in reality, the body and blood of Jesus Christ.
I think I was about 10 when I realised that this was just ridiculous.
dani91
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You may think whatever, but what I wrote is the truth.

(Original post by Duncan2012)
I think I was about 10 when I realised that this was just ridiculous.
danicl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Duncan2012)
But what about all the other religions which say the same thing about themselves?
Other religions are wrong.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You may think whatever, but what I wrote is the truth.
No it isn’t. Bread is nothing like human flesh and cannot turn into it. Anyone with a basic understanding of biology would be able to see that. In fact even without understanding biology it is clear this can’t happen.

It looks like the education system is failing horrendously if there are people that can really believe this stuff.
Duncan2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Other religions are wrong.
Other religions say the same about yours. Stalemate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (42)
13.68%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (26)
8.47%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (61)
19.87%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (44)
14.33%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (36)
11.73%
How can I be the best version of myself? (98)
31.92%

Watched Threads