What is more stressful, apprenticeships or A levels? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I know the answer to the title is obvious but I think apprenticeships are more stressful because you have to work and study for exams at the same time. I want to know what you believe. I want to avoid stress as I have excessive anxiety.
NightsGoodM.H
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
so. you think being able to go work and see new things and meet new people whilst also studying is more stressful than sitting in a room for 8 hours a day to revise for exams 7 days a week for 9 months x 2 ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Id say a-levels are more stressful.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by NightsGoodM.H)
so. you think being able to go work and see new things and meet new people whilst also studying is more stressful than sitting in a room for 8 hours a day to revise for exams 7 days a week for 9 months x 2 ?
Well if you say it like that then yeah A levels are stressful. What if you're antisocial and hate speaking to people like me? Which would be best?
kurro
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well if you say it like that then yeah A levels are stressful. What if you're antisocial and hate speaking to people like me? Which would be best?
I am very antisocial, but I would still say a levels are much harder. The stress and pressure or tests, mocks, exams, uni applications, getting denied by uni's, not getting the right grades for uni's, not finishing coursework on time, etc.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by kurro)
I am very antisocial, but I would still say a levels are much harder. The stress and pressure or tests, mocks, exams, uni applications, getting denied by uni's, not getting the right grades for uni's, not finishing coursework on time, etc.
Yeah i know, i have done A level, I have just done AS though and dropped out of education altogether at 17 due to extenuating circumstances. My older sister doesnt think i am cut out for education and i should not go back to full time education because i can't handle the stress. She thinks if you stress about A levels its too much and should drop it for btec coursework and if you stress about that then drop out and do an apprenticeship. What if you stress out about apprenticeship exams? Do we drop out of education altogether?
kurro
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah i know, i have done A level, I have just done AS though and dropped out of education altogether at 17 due to extenuating circumstances. My older sister doesnt think i am cut out for education and i should not go back to full time education because i can't handle the stress. She thinks if you stress about A levels its too much and should drop it for btec coursework and if you stress about that then drop out and do an apprenticeship. What if you stress out about apprenticeship exams? Do we drop out of education altogether?
As you find yourself stressed in many work related situations, maybe you need to find something to keep your mind off school if you were to carry on with A levels.
(e.g after i joined the gym with my friend, i started gaining more self confidence and I was less stressed as I had something else to focus on.)

If you go back to A levels, maybe get write down a plan before mocks/exams so you know what you will do for that day, you won't spend time thinking about what to do and you need to procrastinate less. This way you can have less stress in your exam period as you know you have done all the work and revision.
Or an apprenticeship might be what you need, so you can start working and getting some experience. Maybe you can make new friends too.

I don't think you should stop education altogether, unless you have some kind of plan. You don't need to plan your whole life out, but what would you do it you were to stop education?

You need to try to reduce your stress somehow and try to worry less (sorry i dont know much about these things haha)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
19.01%
The paper was reasonable (1101)
46.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
22.02%
It was TERRIBLE (292)
12.36%

Watched Threads