The Student Room Group

Uni application Scotland

Hi,

Do you know if Scots receive offers for Scottish Unis compared to EU applicants. I am particulwrly interested for the art degrees where a portfolio is required. I am an EU student and have applied to Napier for Films, still haven't received any answer but I have heard that there a samo Scots who alredy got an offer.
You are overthinking things.

Other applicants receiving offers doesn’t indicate anything about your chance of an offer.
Original post by ge36dal
Hi,

Do you know if Scots receive offers for Scottish Unis compared to EU applicants. I am particulwrly interested for the art degrees where a portfolio is required. I am an EU student and have applied to Napier for Films, still haven't received any answer but I have heard that there a samo Scots who already got an offer.

anecdotally, Scottish "home" students do seem to be placed first on the courses - from following comments here on TheStudentRoom, the EU students are offered places eventually once everything is clear about admission pressures to the institutions. My EU friends who have made applications to Scottish universities in previous years did receive replies. Sometimes the required grade was 'rather high', but I have friends who have succeeded to University of Glasgow and St. Andrews.

I still think there is plenty of time for you to be invited to show your portfolio, but remember that in UK, you can also re-apply through UCAS "clearing/adjustment day" on 15th August 2019 (check, but I think this is when you can get placed) so a 'rejection' isn't the complete end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending