The Student Room Group

2:2 in second year

I am in 2nd year, and I have received all of my assignment grades for the first semester:
56%
60%
66%
53%
The grades averaged out to 58.75%.

I am incredibly disappointed with these grades as last year I averaged 65% for my overall first-year grade.
All four assignments were essay based, and during the assignment period during the Christmas break I was working extra hours at my local supermarket, and one week I worked 30 hours in one week.
That is obviously not an excuse, but it could maybe contribute to my low grades.

Does anyone have any tips to improve my grade to a solid 2:1 at the end of this year?
I have four modules this semester.

(edited 5 years ago)
just work harder

quit your job if you have to ?
Original post by Oliviaaa37
I am in 2nd year, and I have received all of my assignment grades for the first semester:
56%
60%
66%
53%
The grades averaged out to 58.75%.

I am incredibly disappointed with these grades as last year I averaged 65% for my overall first-year grade.
All four assignments were essay based, and during the assignment period during the Christmas break I was working extra hours at my local supermarket, and one week I worked 30 hours in one week.
That is obviously not an excuse, but it could maybe contribute to my low grades.

Does anyone have any tips to improve my grade to a solid 2:1 at the end of this year?
I have four modules this semester.

Second year is a step up from first year so it is not uncommon for your marks to fall. Have you reviewed the feedback for your assessments or talked to your tutors if you don't understand? Use this to improve your future assignments.

If your job is taking too much time from your studies, you could ask to reduce your hours or leave the role and look for another job that suits you better.
Quit your job and focus on your degree. I'm sure you'll be able to find another job after your degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending