Leia studies
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm in year 13
I've got exams in about 3 months.
I'm aiming for A's / higher.

I'm trying to sort my revision timetable out for the holidays.

I've got 11 full days I can revise including weekend.

Currently this is my plan for everyday:

(1) 6:15-7:00
(2) 7:00-7:45
(3) 8:00-8:45
(4) 9:00-9:45
(5) 10:00-10:45
(6) 11:00-11:45
(7) 12:00-12:45

(8) 1:45-2:45
(9) 3:00-3:45

(10) 4:15-5:00

45 minute chunks
Works out to 7.5 hours.

I know it's always quality over quantity.

But I can't revise properly without a clear plan of what to do when. If I just have a checklist I'll delay everything constantly and nothing will get done.

I have a lot to do and get really lazy after sunset so want to get every thing done earlier since I'm awake anyway.

I plan to sleep at around 8 (normal time for me) to get right amount of sleep etc too.

If you don't think this plan is good, what would you suggest?
Do let me know please.

Thank you in advance!
Last edited by Leia studies; 4 weeks ago
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've heard that it's best to do revision in blocks of 40 minutes.

Personally, I struggle to do more than about 5 hours of revision per day, but if you can do 7 hours, great!
Jess104
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
7-8 hours aim for. Don't be upset if you only manage 5 hours of focused/productive revision though.
The problem with your plan is, there's no time to do anything else that requires leaving the house? With only an hour or two break between sessions, are you totally refreshed and completely forgotten about the hard work you were just doing before sitting back down? If you spend that time watching tv then it'll probably feel like no break at all, leading to procrastination.
Maybe arrange longer chunks of revision, but have a plan when you lose motivation, such as watching a fun revision video or doing some Qs from your favourite topic to give you confidence?
But you know what works best - so stick to it. What has achieved you results in the past? Continue with that.

Also, if you have the specification and have condensed posters/notes then you'll be able to revise faster and more efficiently, as you'll have more time for practicing exam Qs and learning the mark scheme. Memorising stuff from the chunky text book that may or may not be relevant is an easy trap to fall into - it's easy to think because the book is what's used in class, it's bigger ect. that it might be better.

Maybe try and work on sunset laziness - during exam period you'll want to revise in almost all your free/empty time, but it will be stressful because you won't have practice doing so. Even if it's just making flash cards/not using lots of brain-power.

Just an opinion. Do what you know works well and good luck
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Leia studies
Rep:
?
I've PM'd you Jess104
anonymous1231231
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm planning on doing max 4 hours. 7.5 seems overkill imo, and you dont wanna burn yourself out now.
Leia studies
Rep:
?
:bump:
PopsicleCharms
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Doing 5 hours max . Probs more since maths takes me ages
Leia studies
Rep:
?
bump
iiilly
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would suggest doing 1h blocks with 15 minutes of break in between each session? And in my opinion 5 hours a day are more than okay, or you'll risk to burn out
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your plan seems good, if a little much. I would give yourself an hour or even two in the middle of that to get out and go for a walk, for a swim, some other kind of exercise, have a good lunch etc. And be strict about finishing at 5pm and try to do things you really enjoy in the evening. Meet up with friends, watch TV, have a bath, read a book.. revision is important, but you don't want to burn yourself out, and sitting at a desk all day every day will definitely result in burnout. Changing just the middle of your day to get yourself doing something else will honestly help a lot.
Leia studies
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
Your plan seems good, if a little much. I would give yourself an hour or even two in the middle of that to get out and go for a walk, for a swim, some other kind of exercise, have a good lunch etc. And be strict about finishing at 5pm and try to do things you really enjoy in the evening. Meet up with friends, watch TV, have a bath, read a book.. revision is important, but you don't want to burn yourself out, and sitting at a desk all day every day will definitely result in burnout. Changing just the middle of your day to get yourself doing something else will honestly help a lot.
Thank you you're right
Would you mind sorting out a timing schedule like in my OP with examples of the timings please?
With the long breaks etc I mean.

Thank you
Leia studies
Rep:
?
Bump
Vits1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
just realised i wasted 3 days in the holiday doing nothing.Well done for planning ahead of the holiday
Aaron702
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
7.5 hours a day is mad. If you feel like that's what's necessary then go for it, but you'll burn yourself out pretty quickly.
Jetnjet
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m just following what I normally do during a weekend wake up 6am
Revise 6-11:59 for subject 1
12:00-17:59 for subject 2 (with time for eating in between)
18:00-00:00 subject 3
Repeat next day
Vits1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jetnjet)
I’m just following what I normally do during a weekend wake up 6am
Revise 6-11:59 for subject 1
12:00-17:59 for subject 2 (with time for eating in between)
18:00-00:00 subject 3
Repeat next day
Joker
Leia studies
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vits1)
just realised i wasted 3 days in the holiday doing nothing.Well done for planning ahead of the holiday
I've done the exact same thing
Wasn't feeling well on the Weeknd & today I've just been plain lazy!
Need to sort my plan out and continue tomorrow ... This time I'm actually going to do the work and not be lazy!

I've been so lazy!
Ja78975
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
my timetable is like your's but I follow the pomodoro technique where you do 4 sets of 25 minutes a day with 5 minutes break in between each 25 minutes session completed. It is really effective and allows you complete more work.
Raining in TOKYO
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ja78975)
my timetable is like your's but I follow the pomodoro technique where you do 4 sets of 25 minutes a day with 5 minutes break in between each 25 minutes session completed. It is really effective and allows you complete more work.
so 1hr 40 revision a day? Isn't 25 minutes too short, especially if you're doing a past paper or something.
Ja78975
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, I always round it to 2hrs a day so I take the 15 minutes and plan what I am going to revise, if you do past papers then you will have to compete all of it and mark it then take a break, but if your doing general revision like Working through textbooks or answering questions then this method is best for it.
Last edited by Ja78975; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (96)
16.64%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (61)
10.57%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (101)
17.5%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (88)
15.25%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (58)
10.05%
How can I be the best version of myself? (173)
29.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed