The Student Room Group

First-year scheme applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Andrew97
What’s the only thing that doesn’t work when fixed?
A jury.

:tumble:
Original post by Blancosdos
Did you apply for the spring insight scheme.

All I had to do was a situational judgement test. Did they send u a verbal reasoning test after the SJT?

yes I got an email saying I passed the SJT and now have to do the 2 tests and a VI
Original post by eleanor27
yes I got an email saying I passed the SJT and now have to do the 2 tests and a VI

Was that in one email, or one saying that you passed, and then one email saying that you had the 2 tests and VI
Original post by biscuitsnsquash
Was that in one email, or one saying that you passed, and then one email saying that you had the 2 tests and VI

they were in the same email but I think they have a glitch in their system as I got literally 10 emails from them all slightly different variations of each other ahahah
For anyone who’s taken the HSF test, have you heard back yet and if so how long did it take?

Thanks!
Anyone have any idea on how many applicants per place there are for these schemes?
Anyone have any idea on how many applicants per place there are for these schemes?

For CC there were 1300+ applications for 60 spaces
Original post by lawboi98
For CC there were 1300+ applications for 60 spaces

Good grief! Well done to you then!
I just remembered that I also applied to DLA Piper - and I've got on it!
Original post by lawboi98
For anyone who’s taken the HSF test, have you heard back yet and if so how long did it take?

Thanks!

It took me about 30-40 minutes I'd say, and I heard back reasonably quickly (I think in about a day).
Well done Catus:smile: How many days is that?

Have you heard anymore from A&O?
Well done Catus:smile: How many days is that?

Have you heard anymore from A&O?

Three days, which is exciting. They'll pay for my accommodation, meals, travel etc too which is awesome.

Not yet!
Original post by CatusStarbright
Three days, which is exciting. They'll pay for my accommodation, meals, travel etc too which is awesome.

Not yet!

Have the most expensive meals possible. 😛
Original post by Andrew97
Have the most expensive meals possible. 😛

Haha I'll eat well without taking the mickey methinks :tongue:
Got rejected from Allen and Overy too:colonhash:

I’m sorry :frown: was this after or before the SJT and did they say why (e.g because of SJT Mark?)

Commiserations.
I suppose this means they're making decisions now, so I look forward to my (likely) rejection - I know these places are competitive!

Looking on the bright side, even if you get rejected the application process for these schemes is good practice for when we apply for TCs and vacation schemes.
I didn't get an email, logged on to the portal and they made decision today. I passed the SJT. Funnily enough I know an ex-partner at A&O and he told me first year schemes are just a distraction and not worth anything. Maybe he just means the small one day ones.

They've not said why yet, maybe an email is on its way :smile:
I didn't get an email, logged on to the portal and they made decision today. I passed the SJT. Funnily enough I know an ex-partner at A&O and he told me first year schemes are just a distraction and not worth anything. Maybe he just means the small one day ones.

Argh my portal won’t load on my phone am stressing now ahaha

yeah not sure what that partner says applies to all esp because the A&O 1st year scheme says on their website they can interview you for a VS or TC off the back of the scheme

I just logged into the portal now and it displays 'rejected' for me too. Ah well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending