First-year scheme applications Watch

Naomiiola
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I applied to A&O, HSF, Freshfields, Norton Rose. Weil, Simmons and Simmons and Baker Mckenzie. I know I passed the test for A&O but I haven't heard anything back since. All of my other applications say 'under review' but I don't know if I passed the tests or not. Anyone else in the same situation??
Last edited by Naomiiola; 3 weeks ago
CatusStarbright
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Naomiiola)
I applied to A&O, HSF, Freshfields, Norton Rose. Weil, Simmons and Simmons and Baker Mckenzie. I know I passed the test for A&O but I haven't heard anything back since. All of my other applications say 'under review' but I don't know if I passed the tests or not. Anyone else in the same situation??
I'm waiting on the outcome to two schemes now. I think we just need to be patient and let things come as they may.
CatusStarbright
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lady Jamie)
Did anyone hear back from hsf about the interview? Also, if applicable - was anyone asked to send over their uni exam transcript?

Got an email from them asking for my results on a word doc which I thought was a little weird and also difficult to comply with because they are all on blackboard. I can't download them separately without the essays and as a word doc. Ended up screenshotting them and putting them on a word doc :lol:
I've still not heard anything, and I would have done exactly the same thing with those results.
DCDCo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
FWIW, here is what I know/have seen/heard:

PLACES OFFERED:

Linklaters
CMS
Ashurst
DLA
Weil

APPLICATIONS PROGRESSING:

NRF - Two emails stating they are reviewing applications.
A&O - PFO's have been sent, Telephone interview invites have been sent.
Freshies - No word.
HSF - WG sent. PFO's being sent for failing to meet criteria in WG/SJT.
HL - WG sent.

If anyone else has additional information, please feel free to add/amend/update this list.
Last edited by DCDCo; 2 weeks ago
coffeeneeded27
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DCDCo)

Weil - PFO's have been sent to people, people have had WG tests, people have had VI's. WG pass mark was 71st percentile.
NRF - Two emails stating they are reviewing applications
Links - PFO's for failing WG have been sent. Rumours of other PFO's being given outside of WG (unconfirmed, heard this today)
Freshies - No word
HSF - WG sent. No word after you pass.
HL - WG sent.

Others unconfirmed personally:
CMS - Places offered on scheme after interview. Interviews allegedly still being conducted.
Ashurst - Places offered.

If anyone else has additional information, please feel free to add/amend/update this list.
Weil offers have been made following VIs and phone interviews (no in person ACs this year)
DCDCo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by coffeeneeded27)
Weil offers have been made following VIs and phone interviews (no in person ACs this year)
I'll update - Do we know if that means they are full and everything else is an expected PFO?
pitermy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
yep
coffeeneeded27
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DCDCo)
I'll update - Do we know if that means they are full and everything else is an expected PFO?
not sure sorry I know of myself and 2 others who hold offers at present- no idea how many places in total though.
DCDCo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
not sure sorry I know of myself and 2 others who hold offers at present- no idea how many places in total though.
Ah, good stuff. Well, in that breath, congratulations!
Do you know of anyone who has been rejected post VI/TI? Trying to see how they are working all of this.
lawapps07
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anyone heard from Baker McKenzie after doing a VI?
Cowtheduck
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello, I was offered Baker after a VI, and I also know of others who've had rejections after a VI. Unfortunately there is no conversion path straight to a vac scheme or TC for Baker.

Did anyone else do a Weil telephone interview last week? Should I assume a silent PFO?

Cheers all.
lawapps07
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I did a VI, haven’t heard back either way...

(Original post by Cowtheduck)
Hello, I was offered Baker after a VI, and I also know of others who've had rejections after a VI. Unfortunately there is no conversion path straight to a vac scheme or TC for Baker.

Did anyone else do a Weil telephone interview last week? Should I assume a silent PFO?

Cheers all.
CatusStarbright
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by DCDCo)

Weil - PFO's have been sent to people, people have had WG tests, people have had VI's, offers made for Telephone interview, Offers made for scheme. WG pass mark was 71st percentile. - In addition, people are also 'hanging' on stages and have been told their application is under review. This is at various stages along the application path.

NRF - Two emails stating they are reviewing applications.

Links - PFO's for failing WG have been sent. Rumours of other PFO's being given outside of WG (unconfirmed, heard this today).

Freshies - No word.

HSF - WG sent. No word after you pass.

HL - WG sent.

CMS - Places offered on scheme after interview. Interviews allegedly still being conducted.

Ashurst - Places offered.

DLA Piper have offered places.

Forgive me if I'm being dense, but what are PFOs?
coffeeneeded27
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
DLA Piper have offered places.

Forgive me if I'm being dense, but what are PFOs?
PFO= please f*** off aka rejection
DCDCo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Cowtheduck)

Cheers all.
The silence from by VI at Weil turned into a PFO. I'll update the big list.
Last edited by DCDCo; 2 weeks ago
lawapps07
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Interview for Linklaters Pathfinder !!!!
CatusStarbright
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
PFO= please f*** off aka rejection
Fantastic!
pitermy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lady Jamie)
Did anyone hear back from hsf about the interview? Also, if applicable - was anyone asked to send over their uni exam transcript?

Got an email from them asking for my results on a word doc which I thought was a little weird and also difficult to comply with because they are all on blackboard. I can't download them separately without the essays and as a word doc. Ended up screenshotting them and putting them on a word doc :lol:
Hey were you asked to interview for the HSF first year workshop/scheme? I read online that they didn't interview on bright network.
DCDCo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Updated Links with offers today.
BeckyGlam
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Got an offer from Linklaters!! Anyone else?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (90)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (129)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed