The Student Room Group

Pointless climate protests

I noticed today thousands of children and teens out of school and college protesting climate change(last year called global warming) what a complete waste if time. For starters were still in the process of going through an ice age and the weather's always changing...it's ridiculous. All been proven crap. Carbon monoxide and dioxide are needed for life, dioxide is vital for trees. What crap are they teaching these kids in schools? Teachers should not be allowed to give their personal opinion. On global and political things like this. These kids should be in school studying for life in the real world as it's not easy. Also we noticed they had certain flags in the protest....including lgbt...xyz flag...what the hell has that gotta do with the climate? The left are really brainwashing our kids and this is terrifying. The communities are made up by the left to break up and divide people in to groups ..which causes hatred. Lgbt crap should not be taught in schools, it's irrelevant. Also telling kids trans is normal...is wrong as it's a proven mental problem, but schools say otherwise.
Am surprised antifa wasn't there or brexit remoaners....we shouldn't allow this crap in schools.
Original post by pe-goose
I noticed today thousands of children and teens out of school and college protesting climate change(last year called global warming) what a complete waste if time. For starters were still in the process of going through an ice age and the weather's always changing...it's ridiculous. All been proven crap. Carbon monoxide and dioxide are needed for life, dioxide is vital for trees. What crap are they teaching these kids in schools? Teachers should not be allowed to give their personal opinion. On global and political things like this. These kids should be in school studying for life in the real world as it's not easy. Also we noticed they had certain flags in the protest....including lgbt...xyz flag...what the hell has that gotta do with the climate? The left are really brainwashing our kids and this is terrifying. The communities are made up by the left to break up and divide people in to groups ..which causes hatred. Lgbt crap should not be taught in schools, it's irrelevant. Also telling kids trans is normal...is wrong as it's a proven mental problem, but schools say otherwise.
Am surprised antifa wasn't there or brexit remoaners....we shouldn't allow this crap in schools.

Does that mean you dont believe in global warming?
On your world students should learn about climate change?
Students shouldnt learn about global politics or History?
Is climate change some political left wing conspiracy?
Do you not believe in the equality act?
Did you go to school?

You sound very unhappy and bitter.

So you've got;
Climate change denial
Blaming 'the left' for brainwashing people as if there's some vast left wing conspiracy
Dismissing LGBT issues as 'crap'
Denigrating trans people
Going on about 'antifa' and 'remoaners'

Looks like you've managed to cram nearly every alt right talking point into that rant. All it needs are a few mentions of 'cucks', 'feminazis' and 'Cultural Marxism' and you'd have the full lot.
Maybe you should start a climate change denial protest, lets see if it gets as much traction :smile:
Reply 4
The world is going through an ice age still, well end of one. The westhers notpredictable. They know this. UK were on an island it's why our weather can be so different. Question is why were they adding to the protest the lgbt and so on? It's irrelevant, has nothing to do with kids. Their brainwashing kids ....doesn't this crap concern you ??
The world is going through an ice age still, well end of one. The westhers notpredictable. They know this. UK were on an island it's why our weather can be so different. Question is why were they adding to the protest the lgbt and so on? It's irrelevant, has nothing to do with kids. Their brainwashing kids ....doesn't this crap concern you ??

By some people's standards you are probably brainwashed yourself - don't be so quick to judge people.
I noticed today...

I don't care what you noticed but here's a meme.

no u button.jpg
The westhers notpredictable. They know this. UK were on an island it's why our weather can be so different.

You do realise that climate change is not only confined to the UK, right?
Reply 8

I don't care about the other fluff in the protests, but the premise of environmentalism is a fundamentally good and essential thing and I don't see how any sensible person could see otherwise, nor do I see it as an exclusively 'left' or 'right' issue. Even if you have doubts about the veracity of climate change alone, there are still plenty of other very obvious environmental catastrophes happening right before our eyes that are not being addressed. Deforestation and destruction of natural habitats, billions of tons of plastic waste polluting our soils and oceans, overuse of pesticides harming insect colonies, soil degredation from intensive agriculture to name a few things.

I for one would prefer to live in a world that isn't one enourmous concrete carpark. A world in which the air is clean and safe to breath. A world where I can walk along a coastline and not see plastic bottles and rubbish every 5 seconds. A world where personal renewable energy generation is the norm and we aren't so dependent on highly centralised, corporate monopolies. A world where man sees himself as a steward of the land and lives in harmony with nature, not against it.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending