Mcarson558
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If my start date is Tuesday 1st of October, does anyone know when the postgraduate accommodation is available to move into? Is it usually the day before?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mcarson558)
If my start date is Tuesday 1st of October, does anyone know when the postgraduate accommodation is available to move into? Is it usually the day before?
I suggest you check direct with your College.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Or accommodation services if you won't be living in college accommodation (e.g. you'll be at west residences//Eddington etc), during business hours.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mcarson558)
It's usually the Saturday prior. Sometimes Friday if you are overseas, sometimes you might be asked to make it Sunday if you are UK based and/or a returner. Basically Saturday, but they try to phase it as Cambridge wasn't designed for motor vehicles, let alone 20,000 people trying to unload and unpack in the same 8 hour window.

As above, only your College will be able to answer directly, and they will only be able to give a definitive once they have allocated accommodation, because if for example you are allocated a room in town, away from the main Colleges, there is more flexibility. If you are on the main College site, they might give you a half day window.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (145)
30.02%
No (338)
69.98%

Watched Threads