Would I get into Bristol Law? Watch

rjstubbs
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have low GCSE grades as I was going through a difficult time, but my dream University course is Bristol for Law. I am currently taking Literature, Law and Psychology and I am predicted AAB for this AS level year (but I am hoping to achieve A* next year.) I am also considering fast tracking another A level or maybe getting another AS in probably Government and Politics or Chemistry. I am already practising for the LNAT and it seems to play to my strengths in English. I also may have a work experience with a firm set up for the Summer and I will be volunteering at the local Citizens Advice.

My GCSE grades are - 8(A*), 7(A), 6(B), B, B, B, C, C, C and 2 BTEC Level 2 Distinctions (equivalents to an A each.) I am aware the weighting is 20%, and I am concerned that I will be disregarded immediately by Bristol and other Russel Group Universities when it comes to application. Can anybody that has applied or is currently there let me know how likely it is that my GCSE grades will have an impact please! Thank you
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
anonymous1231231
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1) your GCSEs are fine
2) they're really not that important, like genuinely, they're the least important factor for most unis (others its the personal statement).
3) focus on A levels and the LNAT
rjstubbs
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by anonymous1231231)
1) your GCSEs are fine
2) they're really not that important, like genuinely, they're the least important factor for most unis (others its the personal statement).
3) focus on A levels and the LNAT
Thank you millions That’s a huge relief!
ps01
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 weeks ago
Hiya, I have recieved an offer to study at Bristol this September and I was in a similar position to you. My GCSEs were 8,7,A,B,B,B,B,B,B,5 (so not the best) and I am taking the exact same A levels as you! I just worked very hard in first year to be predicted A*AA, I was mainly scared of having to do the LNAT but I did lots of practice leading up to the exam. Achieved 23 in the LNAT and got an offer ( I know people who got in with 18). I would say absolutely go for it, if I could do it then you deffo can too (also i don't think another AS is worth it). You have a very good chance of getting into many good universities, I also got offers from other Russel groups (southampton, Manchester) but Bristol was my dream uni too, you will not be immediately disregarded! Hope this reassured you because I was feeling the same way you are, good luck! x
(Original post by rjstubbs)
I have low GCSE grades as I was going through a difficult time, but my dream University course is Bristol for Law. I am currently taking Literature, Law and Psychology and I am predicted AAB for this AS level year (but I am hoping to achieve A* next year.) I am also considering fast tracking another A level or maybe getting another AS in probably Government and Politics or Chemistry. I am already practising for the LNAT and it seems to play to my strengths in English. I also may have a work experience with a firm set up for the Summer and I will be volunteering at the local Citizens Advice.

My GCSE grades are - 8(A*), 7(A), 6(B), B, B, B, C, C, C and 2 BTEC Level 2 Distinctions (equivalents to an A each.) I am aware the weighting is 20%, and I am concerned that I will be disregarded immediately by Bristol and other Russel Group Universities when it comes to application. Can anybody that has applied or is currently there let me know how likely it is that my GCSE grades will have an impact please! Thank you
rjstubbs
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ps01)
Hiya, I have recieved an offer to study at Bristol this September and I was in a similar position to you. My GCSEs were 8,7,A,B,B,B,B,B,B,5 (so not the best) and I am taking the exact same A levels as you! I just worked very hard in first year to be predicted A*AA, I was mainly scared of having to do the LNAT but I did lots of practice leading up to the exam. Achieved 23 in the LNAT and got an offer ( I know people who got in with 18). I would say absolutely go for it, if I could do it then you deffo can too (also i don't think another AS is worth it). You have a very good chance of getting into many good universities, I also got offers from other Russel groups (southampton, Manchester) but Bristol was my dream uni too, you will not be immediately disregarded! Hope this reassured you because I was feeling the same way you are, good luck! x
firstly, a HUGE well done for getting into those unis!! what a legend!! secondly, thank you so much for this message what a huge relief! i’ve been getting a’s and b’s in recent tests and i’ve been putting 110% effort in with one teacher saying she’ll predict me an a* next year if i can do specific things. thank you millions for the advice it means the world!! x
arman2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lmao I got 3 5s and the rest were Bs and Cs and I got an offer
rjstubbs
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by arman2000)
Lmao I got 3 5s and the rest were Bs and Cs and I got an offer
that’s legendary news, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Jun '19
  • University of Bristol
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
  • University of Bristol
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (150)
18.56%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.78%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (138)
17.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (115)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.57%

Watched Threads