This discussion is closed.
Saracen's Fez
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
R42 – Ministerial Report from the Secretary of State for Education

Ministerial Report from Her Majesty’s Principal Secretary of State for Education
Teaching Regulations

Mr Speaker,

Following the passage of the ‘Qualification of Teachers Act 2018 (Repeal) Bill 2019’, we wish to inform the House that the Education (Specified Work) (England) Regulations 2012 are hereby formally reinstated.

There will be no immediate move, given the sentiment of the House, to further amend teaching regulations; however, we remain committed, as a Department, as a Government, to the protection and fortification of our pupils’ education - education that ought to work for all.

This Government recognises the importance of ensuring that pupils are provided with high quality teaching, and so will be looking to work with all Parties to further enhance the curriculum as well as the ongoing training and support that teachers will receive throughout their careers. The support that teachers and support staff have throughout their career is imperative to ensure we secure a bright future for all pupils.

I commend this report to the House.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Over this weekend I will be contacting relevant members of the House regarding this, and believe that as a House we can improve the education and outlook of everyone that's in education, not just from 3-16, but in college, and also further.
ns_2
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tanqueray91)
Over this weekend I will be contacting relevant members of the House regarding this, and believe that as a House we can improve the education and outlook of everyone that's in education, not just from 3-16, but in college, and also further.
Hear, hear.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tanqueray91)
You mean ns will and then we will see all the dreadful policies he proposed last term re-proposed
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
You mean ns will and then we will see all the dreadful policies he proposed last term re-proposed
No, I will be.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Saunders16
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There will be no immediate move, given the sentiment of the House, to further amend teaching regulations; however, we remain committed, as a Department, as a Government, to the protection and fortification of our pupils’ education - education that ought to work for all.
Tenner says this was written by ns
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Saunders16)
I’ll take that tenner.
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I thank the minister for following through on the will of the House.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Saunders16)
Actually I'd go for the idea being stated by, if ns wrote it you'd be looking at double the length and infinitely more pretentious in the language
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
CatusStarbright
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I hope the House can now feel reassured that the government is a responsive one.
Lord Vitiate
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
I hope the House can now feel reassured that the government is a responsive one.
Riiiight.
CatusStarbright
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by keepholtingon)
Riiiight.
Left
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It is regrettable that this statement was needed however it was the will of the House at this time.
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Except this isn't needed in response to bills, and the same effort would be better spent responding to motions that the house has passed, calling on the government to do things it hasn't done.
Saracen's Fez
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
This ministerial report is in cessation.

There is nothing requiring further legislation, so the contents will be deemed passed unless sent to vote by the Prime Minister (ns_2), minister responsible (Tanqueray91), or Leader of the Opposition (Saunders16) before the cessation expires.
Saracen's Fez
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
This ministerial report has passed without vote.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (68)
15.74%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (44)
10.19%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (81)
18.75%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (61)
14.12%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (46)
10.65%
How can I be the best version of myself? (132)
30.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed