The Student Room Group

Federer will not reach another grand slam final or win another slam hingis

Former Swiss tennis star Martina Hingis believes it is *'Almost impossible now * for roger Federer to reach another grand slam final and win another grand slam title and conditions will need to be*ideal * is he is to add to his record-breaking haul of 20 Grand Slam titles, as she suggests the 37-year-old legend is starting to*be *a fading force at the top of the game.* *and the 38 year old Hingis believes that the Swiss maestro is now starting to show signs*that age is finally*starting to catch up with him** Federer has lost in the 4th round of the last two majors and has not gone past the quarter finals since he won his 20th grand slam at the 2018 Australian open. “He now *needs ideal conditions to be a threat to win a Slam, and that could be at Wimbledon, or could be at the US Open, but to me it’s all starting to depend on conditions.I don’t think he can hang with the other guys, for seven matches over 14 days anymore ,the hardness of the five-set tournaments are starting to prove to much for him but he has surprised us in the past like winning 3 grand slams*at *aged 35 and 36 * ."but despite recent hints from Federer* himself that he could retire after the laver cup in Geneva in September* with him saying* it *would be really special to win*the *Laver Cup here in my native Switzerland* and then *call it a career end in Basel in October, hingis *believes Federer will try to continue playing through to next year’s Olympics* in toyko to have one last shot at the singles gold one *of the few major honours which still eludes him during his brilliant career , and she has *backed his decision to play the clay-court season in 2019 after skipping that section of the calendar for the last few years. Not playing on clay last year* I think was obvious mistake because he lost at**Wimbledon in* a *tight match *and* could have *benefitted from more match practice,” 2020 is a season that sure must be on his calendar because of the Olympics* *Playing on clay* . It’s good for the game, it’s a huge void when he’s not there** Hingis says Federer’s hopes of a 21st Grand Slam lie solely on the* grass courts of the all* England club in July where Federer*has won*a record 8 men's singles titles* “I think it’s his only chance of a major* now Wimbledon* has the quickest**courts *and it favours* definitely Federer.* Hingis*believes *that* Djokovic can achieve the Calendar Grand Slam in 2019 by winning* all 4 Djokovic will try to triumph for the second time in Paris in June where Nadal won 11 titles. “I believe he has the game and the mindset in slams that he can win literally all four this year, I really do", And don’t say that about anyone else. He has that game and when he’s playing majors he’s a different guy and his game is suited to all conditions: night time, daytime, slow, fast it doesn’t matter. *Federer won his first non-official title at the 2001 Hopman Cup team exhibition with her . and ' Hingis* says she believes she* taught him how to win his first grand slam title and get to world *number one .* *Federer has*himself *praised his fellow compatriot for helping show him* and stan the way to grand slam glory because before hingis won *her first slam no Swiss *man or woman* had won a slam.

How many has Hingis won?
Federer is the GOAT, he's done when he says he's done.
Federer is past his prime.
As long as he is playing, I always believe in his success at grand slams.

Put it in a nut shell. It is over when he retires.

Quick Reply

Latest