Who else has applied for LCoM (Leeds College of Music)

Watch
SapphireSpire
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey everyone, I just wanted to start a thread on who else applied for LCoM and how their interview/auditioning process went. I had mine on Tuesday for the Music Production with Popular. I felt like there wasn't a lot of threads about LCoM so I wanted to change that. Discuss!

imogen.harper
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have firmed my offer from LCoM to study popular vocals. My audition process was really good. I had my band task and that was fun, we had 2 vocalists, a pianist and a guitarist and we were all really friendly with each other, everyone was so nice. The actual audition was good as well, the tutors (vocal tutors who were doing my audition) were super nice and helpful. The questions they asked at the end were good questions which were easy to have an opinion on and easy to talk about. There wasn't a point where I didn't feel comfortable. So yeah, my audition went quite well.
How did your audition go? Have you heard back from them yet?
SapphireSpire
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
That's great! My audition was great, I got a conditional offer. The auditioning process for production was alright, I to show my portfolio of music I created and I was asked questions about them. I also had a nice group for my popular music audition, we had two drummers so one of them ended up playing a part of the drum kit XD. we also had to guitarists, a pianist and I was the only vocalist. We were tasked to make a pop song but ended up making a weird hybrid of R&B/Jazz? It was fun. Have you heard back from them as well?
(Original post by imogen.harper)
I have firmed my offer from LCoM to study popular vocals. My audition process was really good. I had my band task and that was fun, we had 2 vocalists, a pianist and a guitarist and we were all really friendly with each other, everyone was so nice. The actual audition was good as well, the tutors (vocal tutors who were doing my audition) were super nice and helpful. The questions they asked at the end were good questions which were easy to have an opinion on and easy to talk about. There wasn't a point where I didn't feel comfortable. So yeah, my audition went quite well.
How did your audition go? Have you heard back from them yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (152)
43.8%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.53%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.07%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (73)
21.04%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.8%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.76%

Watched Threads