The Student Room Group

Men who can do over 40 Push-ups have a 96% lower risk of Heart Disease, Study Finds.

Just did 40 me self, yay me.

What about you? Can you crack down for 40?

Get off the coach and find out : O

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6709519/amp/Men-40-push-ups-96-lower-risk-heart-disease-study-finds.html
(edited 5 years ago)
My record is 100 so get R E K T.
Original post by HoldThisL
My record is 100 so get R E K T.

Oh it’s on now :mad:
Bigger risk of hurting your hands and wrists tho :confused:
No.

But im sure tomorrow we will get a story about how 40 pushups causes TB or something like that.
Well you don’t need to do slow reps, time under tension not necessary here, although, gains must be met..

Spoiler

Original post by StriderHort
Bigger risk of hurting your hands and wrists tho :confused:

Not if they are done properly, but of course, excessive exercise without rest will cause injury no doubt.
So if I do 42 pushups does that mean I have no risk of heart disease at all? :colone:
Original post by Dandaman1
So if I do 42 pushups does that mean I have no risk of heart disease at all? :colone:

11EB7F7A-7788-4098-9FE4-3B97D50ECA96.jpeg
Original post by TheNamesBond.
Not if they are done properly, but of course, excessive exercise without rest will cause injury no doubt.

I'm just being awkward really :P

I'm a big believer in holding your reps and pushes for as long as possible (There's a term to describe it, but I can't mind it), on the logic that your joints and such have a limited a lifespan and unnecessary reps should be removed...I'd rather do 10 under heavy load than 40 normal kind of thing.
So if you can only do 39 you're screwed?
Reply 11
I'm going to start 40 a day from tomorrow! 🙂
Original post by StriderHort
I'm just being awkward really :P

I'm a big believer in holding your reps and pushes for as long as possible (There's a term to describe it, but I can't mind it), on the logic that your joints and such have a limited a lifespan and unnecessary reps should be removed...I'd rather do 10 under heavy load than 40 normal kind of thing.

Yeh no I get you, time under tension is very important, someone who can do 50 quick push ups might be able to only do 20 under tension, I mean with me I do them with a weight vest of about 5kg which makes em harder, it’s all about time under tension if you want them gains :dumbells:
"Being healthy reduces chance of heart disease"

No **** Sherlock.
Original post by Decahedron
"Being healthy reduces chance of heart disease"

No **** Sherlock.

Lol is that what it says 😂

Pretty much. You're not doing >40 pushups if you're obese. I'm sure a significantly lower risk of heart disease comes with doing other forms of exercise too. They probably just used the example of 40 pushups as that seems more achievable and less effort for most than a thirty minute jog round the block or something.

"This study emphasises the importance of physical fitness on health" :facepalm2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending