Anemia + Vitamin D Watch

abbeyxo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Basically, the doctor told me over a month ago I have anemia. She gave me some medicine which I take 2 times a day, I have done it most days but some days I have forgotten. I originally didn’t go for anemia - it just happened to show up on my blood test lol - but after I found out I realised I have had the symptoms for at least 2 years. They were just in my everyday life so I just tend to complain about them haha. Anyways, it says on the medicine that if symptoms don’t go away after 28 days to consult a doctor.

My symptoms haven’t gone away (tiredness, fatigue etc) and it’s been longer than 28 days. If you have been on medicine to help with your anemia, how long did it take you to get rid of your symptoms?

Also, I have a vitamin D deficiency. I read that bone pain is part of the symptoms. I have bone pain in almost most of my body, most specifically my legs and back (I went to the doctors originally to see if I had scoliosis - they still haven’t got back to me on that!). The pain is like growing pains that I used to experience when I was younger. I haven’t grown in at least 2 years and the pains are pretty much everyday so it can’t be that. I am taking these drops to help increase my vitamin D levels - are the pains from this? Or could it be something else?

P.s I haven’t been to doctors since the last time I went which was in December. Something happened in my family so I have no idea if the doctor has forgotten about me or not.
Anonymous #1
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by abbeyxo)
Basically, the doctor told me over a month ago I have anemia. She gave me some medicine which I take 2 times a day, I have done it most days but some days I have forgotten. I originally didn’t go for anemia - it just happened to show up on my blood test lol - but after I found out I realised I have had the symptoms for at least 2 years. They were just in my everyday life so I just tend to complain about them haha. Anyways, it says on the medicine that if symptoms don’t go away after 28 days to consult a doctor.

My symptoms haven’t gone away (tiredness, fatigue etc) and it’s been longer than 28 days. If you have been on medicine to help with your anemia, how long did it take you to get rid of your symptoms?

Also, I have a vitamin D deficiency. I read that bone pain is part of the symptoms. I have bone pain in almost most of my body, most specifically my legs and back (I went to the doctors originally to see if I had scoliosis - they still haven’t got back to me on that!). The pain is like growing pains that I used to experience when I was younger. I haven’t grown in at least 2 years and the pains are pretty much everyday so it can’t be that. I am taking these drops to help increase my vitamin D levels - are the pains from this? Or could it be something else?

P.s I haven’t been to doctors since the last time I went which was in December. Something happened in my family so I have no idea if the doctor has forgotten about me or not.
I would go back to your GP.
No one on TSR can give medical knowledge specific to you on here. I understand you must be worried/ confused but opinions from unqualified people wont help you. Please just make an appointment with your GP.
I hope you feel better soon x
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago

Anemia: I had anemia. Doctor gave me tablets to have 3x a day. Symptoms don't go away straight away. It takes a long time you need to remind patient and healthy in all parts of your life(food, fitness etc). Drink orange juice and have other vegetables high in iron... Or make them into smoothies.

Vitamin D: I have vitamin D tablets now. I didn't really notice the symptoms as I did have scoliosis too LOL which has now been rectified with surgery. If you have vitamin D deficiency have the medication your GP has given you and have it when you have to.

In regards to your scoliosis: speak to your GP, he'll refer you to hospital for x-ray probably and then go from there.

Hope you feel better soon!

Hope I could help!
Anonymous #3
Report 7 months ago
They won't chase you up to see how you are doing - your health is your responsibility. If they told you to come back after 4 weeks if things are not improving, you should go back.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (106)
17.76%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.3%
Not great so far... (212)
35.51%
I want to drop out! (116)
19.43%

Watched Threads