government economist higher apprenticeship

Watch
lauren2451
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi! has anyone here applied for the GES-DAP higher economist degree apprenticeship with the civil service?

i’m really confused about the word count for the written statement. there’s 3 questions to answer with a 250 word maximum limit but the word count is 1200??
coffee_prince
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes

I have just submitted my application 5 minutes ago.

It is 250 each for 3 sections. There was an admin error so they have used this section of the initial application as a place to write your personal statement.

I was wondering whether I could even hack this, as it is a full time job and degree at the same time.
lauren2451
(Original post by coffee_prince)
Yes

I have just submitted my application 5 minutes ago.

It is 250 each for 3 sections. There was an admin error so they have used this section of the initial application as a place to write your personal statement.

I was wondering whether I could even hack this, as it is a full time job and degree at the same time.
thank you! so just to confirm, it’s only the 3 questions you answer?? you’re not expected to write a whole 1000 word statement?
coffee_prince
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's correct, the instructions were in the emails we received

Good luck
jazzyjinks
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did you guys get the email that we may not hear back until Tuesday by the end of the day? I submitted my written application 10th Feb I believe, I can’t wait until I’m put out of my misery, it’s been ages!
lauren2451
(Original post by jazzyjinks)
Did you guys get the email that we may not hear back until Tuesday by the end of the day? I submitted my written application 10th Feb I believe, I can’t wait until I’m put out of my misery, it’s been ages!
yess! was super annoying. good luck though 😊
jazzyjinks
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just heard back and I didn’t get through to the final stage.

Good luck to you all!
lauren2451
(Original post by jazzyjinks)
I just heard back and I didn’t get through to the final stage.

Good luck to you all!
me neither. sucks haha
reesespieces
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got through to the assessment stage!
lauren2451
(Original post by reesespieces)
I got through to the assessment stage!
keep us updated!!!
adil55
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi i got to the assessment day mine is on the 5th of april does anyone have any extra information on it or does anyone have any tips for this type of interview.
TasneemB
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got through as well, where's yours? Mine is in Leeds
(Original post by adil55)
Hi i got to the assessment day mine is on the 5th of april does anyone have any extra information on it or does anyone have any tips for this type of interview.
supadupahumble
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Assessment day was ****e
lauren2451
(Original post by supadupahumble)
Assessment day was ****e
tell me more??? i didn’t get chosen for the assessment day but i’m curious as to what happened. what did they make you do?
supadupahumble
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't want to disclose too much info but basically what was written on the assesment sheet.
tell me more??? i didn’t get chosen for the assessment day but i’m curious as to what happened. what did they make you do?
username4580344
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hope everyone’s assessment centre has been good ! Does anyone have any tips for the presentation and summary ?
Last edited by username4580344; 1 year ago
reesespieces
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Had my assessment day a few days ago and it was okay overall. The oral briefing was probably the hardest imo, interview and writing tasks were alright. But I felt for the oral briefing preparation and writing assessment they didn’t give enough time - 40 mins for oral briefing presentation and 30 mins for writing task. The time goes by quick when you have to read and take in a lot of information.
supadupahumble
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
mate I struggled throughout the interview. What was the demographic like and how many people were there
(Original post by reesespieces)
Had my assessment day a few days ago and it was okay overall. The oral briefing was probably the hardest imo, interview and writing tasks were alright. But I felt for the oral briefing preparation and writing assessment they didn’t give enough time - 40 mins for oral briefing presentation and 30 mins for writing task. The time goes by quick when you have to read and take in a lot of information.
reesespieces
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yea I struggled with interview too tbh and didn’t have much to say. What do you mean by demographic? There were 10 people there most which were male candidates
(Original post by supadupahumble)
mate I struggled throughout the interview. What was the demographic like and how many people were there
supadupahumble
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Interview was aight for me what really messed me over was the written task couldn't finish in time.

I mean how many white participants Vs BAME participants. A ratio perhaps?
i struggled with interview too tbh and didn’t have much to say. What do you mean by demographic? There were 10 people there most which were male candidates
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (28)
8.21%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (27)
7.92%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (73)
21.41%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (42)
12.32%
No, nothing has changed (107)
31.38%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (64)
18.77%

Watched Threads