The Student Room Group

Penalty Charge Notices?

So I have been driving for nearly 8 months now, and of course I have had the classic parking fine but yesterday I was on a one way street blocked by fire engines so there was nothing I could do but to turn around and leave the one way street. I spoke to the firemen before I had done it to ask them what to do but they gave no advice. One said that he cannot tell me what to do but if it were him he would have turned around. I am worried I will receive a hefty fine and points on my license but I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and whether or not I will be able to appeal the charge? Please reply asap!!
You could certainly try to appeal any fine on the basis that the road was blocked due to emergency services vehicles, and you exited safely after consulting with the fire brigade. Whether the council accept this or not is another matter.

Most one way streets don’t have cameras. Why do you think you may have been caught?
Original post by Anonymous
So I have been driving for nearly 8 months now, and of course I have had the classic parking fine but yesterday I was on a one way street blocked by fire engines so there was nothing I could do but to turn around and leave the one way street. I spoke to the firemen before I had done it to ask them what to do but they gave no advice. One said that he cannot tell me what to do but if it were him he would have turned around. I am worried I will receive a hefty fine and points on my license but I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and whether or not I will be able to appeal the charge? Please reply asap!!

Did you turn around on a one way street?
Is there any reason to believe that you were caught?

If you get a PCN, although I very much doubt that you will, you should contest it. The magistrates ought to be reasonable under those circumstances.
What makes you think you will receive any form of notice?
Personally I would have reversed out with hazards on.
That way any approaching traffic will not be shocked by a car head on.
Reply 5
I've never seen an automatic penalty given for a one way street. Even if you got one, if you explained your situation it would be revoked under reasonable grounds (probably). They're not actively out to get you for stupid reasons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending