RickHendricks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm trying to find out for Barts and Bristol. Can't find some valid ones.
学生の父
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RickHendricks)
I'm trying to find out for Barts and Bristol. Can't find some valid ones.
Hi Rick.

According to this booklet - http://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/23...al-schools.pdf - the Bristol applicants per interviewee is 3.9, and applicants per place is 10.5.

For QMU (Barts and the London), it's 3 and 7 respectively.

You can work out the interviewee : place ration from those figures.

These figures are for Home/EEA applicants. The success rate for international applicants is far lower due to the quota on places.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by 学生の父; 1 year ago
RickHendricks
Rep:
?
(Original post by 学生の父)
Hi Rick.

According to this booklet - http://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/23...al-schools.pdf - the Bristol applicants per interviewee is 3.9, and applicants per place is 10.5.

For QMU (Barts and the London), it's 3 and 7 respectively.

You can work out the interviewee : place ration from those figures.

These figures are for Home/EEA applicants. The success rate for international applicants is far lower due to the quota on places.

Hope that helps.
which one do I use? applicants per place or applicants per interview?
meddad
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
which one do I use? applicants per place or applicants per interview?
IMO neither. You apply strategically to places where you have the best chance of interview based on your stats (gcse grades, ukcat etc), and based on historical cut off thresholds. Once you have your short list, the interview/offer ratio is the relevant factor.

Applicants per interview may be relevant for somewhere like Keele where they assess on the basis of personal attributes rather than high academic achievement.
RickHendricks
Rep:
?
(Original post by meddad)
IMO neither. You apply strategically to places where you have the best chance of interview based on your stats (gcse grades, ukcat etc), and based on historical cut off thresholds. Once you have your short list, the interview/offer ratio is the relevant factor.

Applicants per interview may be relevant for somewhere like Keele where they assess on the basis of personal attributes rather than high academic achievement.
what's the interview offer ratio for the 2
meddad
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what's the interview offer ratio for the 2
Not sure. Quite often you can find the info on their website about how many interviews are planned, and how many offers they expect to make.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (431)
67.77%
No (205)
32.23%

Watched Threads