Questions on student nurse and army application Watch
I’m wanting to join the army and do a degree through them to become a millitary nurse. I have a few questions so I’m just going to list them;
1. It says it requires 120 UCAS points but is there any room for flexibility for example if I were to get 116 UCAS points would I still potentially be able to do the degree?
2. Is uni accommodation paid for by the army, or do I have to find my own accommodation?
3. Is travel up to Birmingham payed for too? I live a while away so it would be expensive for me to get a train
4. Would I be better for me to apply for the September intake this year, or the March intake next year? I’ll finish all of my exams on the 14th of June but my boyfriend is saying I may prefer to train in the March intake because the weather is much nicer and am less likely to freeze to death 😂
5. I did my first 1.5 mile run today and did it in 15 minutes. I know for the medical corps I need to get that down to 14 and below so does anyone have any tips?
I know these are a lot of questions but I really need some answers lol. Thank you for taking your time to read this.
Read our Armed Forces articles
They should provide you with a rail warrant to get there and possibly for annual leave (I’ve been out for a while now so can’t answer with certainty about them). Remember, the army will be paying you a salary while you train, so you’ll have a decent income, much better than your civilian peers on the same course so you’ll be able to afford to get home when you need to.
With your ucas points, I would aim to exceed their requirement, military nursing is competitive to get into.