Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
is it okay for your best friend to confide in someone else that isnt you?

my best friend tells me everything and vice versa, but i couldnt pick up their call yesterday and they were upset, so they rang someone else and confided in them and they were talking for hours, They told me after but didmt wanna tell me what they were sad about bc they didnt need to talk about it anymore. It made me feel kinda sad and jealous, i hate that.
i dont wanna be jealous of that, im happy they found someone else they can trust but im scared they wont need me anymore, i cant loose them.

they spend less time with me at uni aswell they spend all free time with this other friend and it kinda makes me feel bad, i feel so useless

anyone help
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

my best friend tells me everything and vice versa, but i couldnt pick up their call yesterday and they were upset, so they rang someone else and confided in them and they were talking for hours, They told me after but didmt wanna tell me what they were sad about bc they didnt need to talk about it anymore. It made me feel kinda sad and jealous, i hate that.
i dont wanna be jealous of that, im happy they found someone else they can trust but im scared they wont need me anymore, i cant loose them.

they spend less time with me at uni aswell they spend all free time with this other friend and it kinda makes me feel bad, i feel so useless

anyone help
tell them you'd like to do more stuff together, its normal to have multiple friends someone might confide in.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
tell them you'd like to do more stuff together, its normal to have multiple friends someone might confide in.
im scared they dont need me anymore. idk if thats just my anxiety but im scared of them not needing me or not wanting to talk to me as much as they did before bc they have new better friends now. I feel like such an immature child saying all this but its killing me not saying it to anyone.

thank you for replying tho, i was thinking about talking to them about it, but i dont want to come across clingy (which i am) and im happy that they have new friends, i really am
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

anyone help
Nothing wrong with a best friend confiding in someone else - they perhaps may have crossed the line in not wanting to tell you. But who knows, maybe they will turn around one day and decide to tell you - they may just not be ready to reopen the wound they opened with this other friend just yet if it's painful for them to talk about.

Have you tried talking to them? They're not psychic - they need to know you're hurting and that you want to spend more time with them. If they don't respect that and don't put effort in to make this happen, perhaps you should rethink your choice in having a friendship with them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (67)
17.77%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (108)
28.65%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (142)
37.67%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.73%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.18%

Watched Threads