The Student Room Group

Mental Health Nursing Interview (University of Dundee)

Hi guys,

My friend has her mental health nursing interview on Monday and shes super stressed about it. Ive tried my best to research some stuff for her and we’ve practiced possible questions but i was just wondering if anyone has any advice for her? She’s an amazing girl and I have no doubt she’ll be okay but just to maybe give her some piece of mind from someone thats been through it.
Thanks a lot!
E xxx
A lot of the colleges recognise the stress potential that a nursing interview might cause, so have adopted a de-stressing “group interview” system. I’m not sure if Dundee is using this - basically day long chat with group activities - but it could well turn out to be an enjoyable day. The way to win in this group interview is to be yourself, be mildly assertive and sensible, and have some relevant questions prepared , perhaps about the intricacies of the Scottish student nursing bursaries for the work experience periods?
Reply 2
Original post by LuigiMario
A lot of the colleges recognise the stress potential that a nursing interview might cause, so have adopted a de-stressing “group interview” system. I’m not sure if Dundee is using this - basically day long chat with group activities - but it could well turn out to be an enjoyable day. The way to win in this group interview is to be yourself, be mildly assertive and sensible, and have some relevant questions prepared , perhaps about the intricacies of the Scottish student nursing bursaries for the work experience periods?

Aw thank you so much! Yea Dundee does do the group interview and i think thats probably why shes more stressed but I’ll be sure to let her know, thanks again!
I did a mh nursing interview with Dundee 3 years ago (so it might have changed a bit). We went in as a small group but then each went to a table and basically was a speed dating kinda thing and spoke with a tutor, a nurse and a service user. Dundee was probably one of my preferred interviews and less stressful as all my others were me being interviewed alone with 3 interviewers, so it felt less intense at the Dundee one.
Im in 3rd year now (not at Dundee) and believe they probably look at you and if they think you’d suit mh, so like your attitude etc, and some general mh nursing knowledge.
Reply 4
Original post by Optimistic_Panda
I did a mh nursing interview with Dundee 3 years ago (so it might have changed a bit). We went in as a small group but then each went to a table and basically was a speed dating kinda thing and spoke with a tutor, a nurse and a service user. Dundee was probably one of my preferred interviews and less stressful as all my others were me being interviewed alone with 3 interviewers, so it felt less intense at the Dundee one.
Im in 3rd year now (not at Dundee) and believe they probably look at you and if they think you’d suit mh, so like your attitude etc, and some general mh nursing knowledge.

Thank you. She’s in her interview right now so hopefully its all going okay!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending