glioma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone,

I was just looking for some advice regarding FY3 year. I am currently an FY2 and am hoping to take a year out to complete my masters with the intention of applying for CST in the following year. Due to my masters, I am not hoping to do a great deal of locum work as I also wanted to travel. However, I just found out that we need to have an appraisal at the end of the year, which I believe is similar to ARCP?

Just wondering how I would go about having an appraisal if I will not be working. Do I also need to have an e-portfolio?

Thank you!
girl_in_black
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did an F3 year and didn't have an appraisal or keep a portfolio. Didn't cause any problems when I was applying for core training - I just put "locum work" on my application form. My interviewers were perfectly satisfied with my saying I had been traveling whilst doing occasional locum work during that year.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I phoned the GMC and they said I didn't need an appraisal. It has not caused me any problems since.

Locum agencies like to use it as a way to draw you in though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.66%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.56%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.92%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.53%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
24.04%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads