I asked him where we are in the relationship... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Ive been seeing a guy for nearly 2 months now. we really like each other when we meet. we're both cautious of labelling it a relationship due to personal reasons. but ive told him that I really wanted it to be something, I asked him whilst he was working, so he replied and said he'll get back to me soon with the answer and ended it with xx's so that kind of made me feel somewhat optimistic. but that was 4 days ago...now we're not big texters so the time gap seems very usual, but given that I did want a reply soon and made that clear, he hasn't been following it up very well...and im kinda tired of waiting. what are your guesses on why he's taking so long?

we've been having this ''I really want to be serious with you and have something meaningful'' dialogue back and forth for 2 months, each time one of us would say lets take it slow, but this time im pretty sure so that's why I asked if he wants to be official.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ive been seeing a guy for nearly 2 months now. we really like each other when we meet. we're both cautious of labelling it a relationship due to personal reasons. but ive told him that I really wanted it to be something, I asked him whilst he was working, so he replied and said he'll get back to me soon with the answer and ended it with xx's so that kind of made me feel somewhat optimistic. but that was 4 days ago...now we're not big texters so the time gap seems very usual, but given that I did want a reply soon and made that clear, he hasn't been following it up very well...and im kinda tired of waiting. what are your guesses on why he's taking so long?

we've been having this ''I really want to be serious with you and have something meaningful'' dialogue back and forth for 2 months, each time one of us would say lets take it slow, but this time im pretty sure so that's why I asked if he wants to be official.
Cut contact and give him a week. Thats enough time for him to think about it. Dont chase. He doesnt sound that interested at the moment imo hence dont put effort in. 2 months inst much.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Cut contact and give him a week. Thats enough time for him to think about it. Dont chase. He doesnt sound that interested at the moment imo hence dont put effort in. 2 months inst much.
that's a good idea, I dont want to come across as needy in times like this
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
that's a good idea, I dont want to come across as needy in times like this
You dont know this person.
I will get back to you is avoidance imo unless he gives you a reason.
Do not chase or waste effort worrying. It may well be you are just unsuited and he wants a relationship just cba with serious or one that requires effort. When someone is really keen they let you know.

As you arent exclusive at the moment just chill and keep your eyes open as to whats available.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
You dont know this person.
I will get back to you is avoidance imo unless he gives you a reason.
Do not chase or waste effort worrying. It may well be you are just unsuited and he wants a relationship just cba with serious or one that requires effort. When someone is really keen they let you know.

As you arent exclusive at the moment just chill and keep your eyes open as to whats available.
thank you, I've been quite happy being non exclusive for a while, but hes a real keeper so thats why im stretching my limbs a bit but if not, I know its not the end of the world, it'll be a disappointment though. I'll try to focus on myself for now
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If it were me I'd send another '?' text lol.

Then a 'k den' if they left me on read. (probably in meme format) :lol:

That would make it much easier to move on without overthinking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (97)
16.78%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (61)
10.55%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (101)
17.47%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (88)
15.22%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (58)
10.03%
How can I be the best version of myself? (173)
29.93%

Watched Threads