Is Somerset the home of Cider within these isles? Watch

Gingertraveller
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm a cider guy, and I'm just wondering where is the best place within the isles to seek out a County of many wonderful ciders that taste like angels, is it actually Somerset? Do we have Somerset people on here?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Gingertraveller
Rep:
?
Bump
Alesha1991
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Gingertraveller)
I'm a cider guy, and I'm just wondering where is the best place within the isles to seek out a County of many wonderful ciders that taste like angels urinating on your tongue, is it actually Somerset? Do we have Somerset people on here?
I know Worleys is based in Somerset & they do some good ciders. Mendip Hills & Harvest Moon are my favourite ones of theirs. I've not been to Somerset but I have visited Devon & Cornwall & there's a good choice of different ciders from those places as well. I think the Southwest of England in general is well known for cider.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yes - there is a good map here:

https://ciderguide.com/cider-maps/un...m-and-ireland/

South west/south wales in general is the home of cider-drinking.. somerset is its spiritual epicenter.

I still find it weird, as someone from somerset when I go elsewhere, and most of the men order beer/larger. Its just so normal here that the most common drink on the table is cider, and beer/ale/larger etc are the minority option.

In london, when I was a student - I had a group of friend who thought cider was just a 'girls drink' - mainly because all they had been exposed to was the fruity expensive fizzy bottled versions.

If you want real cider, come down to the southwest - get some nice flat strong stuff, smells like piss but tastes delicious, some of its as strong as wine, and gets you to a happy place real quick!
Decahedron
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Herefordshire is your best cider.
Gingertraveller
Rep:
?
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
yes - there is a good map here:

https://ciderguide.com/cider-maps/un...m-and-ireland/

South west/south wales in general is the home of cider-drinking.. somerset is its spiritual epicenter.

I still find it weird, as someone from somerset when I go elsewhere, and most of the men order beer/larger. Its just so normal here that the most common drink on the table is cider, and beer/ale/larger etc are the minority option.

In london, when I was a student - I had a group of friend who thought cider was just a 'girls drink' - mainly because all they had been exposed to was the fruity expensive fizzy bottled versions.

If you want real cider, come down to the southwest - get some nice flat strong stuff, smells like piss but tastes delicious, some of its as strong as wine, and gets you to a happy place real quick!
Cheers, I often get the same reaction I'm a cider guy and just don't like beer it's rotten stuff. Planning a weekend somewhere in England just to do this 😂
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Somerset is the place to be for cider. I grew up there and spent many summers of my childhood in orchards. :daydreaming:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (30)
13.04%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
9.13%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.74%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (32)
13.91%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (28)
12.17%
How can I be the best version of myself? (69)
30%

Watched Threads