Trans children are being damaged Watch

fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
I think you have made sound points and I agree with some of them. My issue is your point about “blurring the lines”, i.e. allowing boys to wear dresses etc.

I think kids are not only easily influenced but can believe things that are not true. There are cases I have heard about, where some people have been indoctrinating kids into a transgender mindset. This can then lead to them thinking that they are born in the wrong body.

At such a young age, most boys and girls interact as kids with little or no knowledge of self and the world. I think we should encourage them to live that life. As they get older, they can explore and then make their own decisions.

This transgender topic of early decision making is similar to some conversations around homosexuality, where kids were enocuraged to come out as gay as young as 7, way before they even hit puberty or knew what it really meant to be themselves.

Personally, I dont think people have a problem with adults making their own decisions. However, when we see a kind of indoctrination that happens, you get worried whether the kids are making their decisions or brainwashed to think they are who they are not.

We get upset with religious or political indoctrination of children, but we are excited for them to be indoctrinated into, in some cases, a false sense of identity.
I think we are on the same page mostly - for me the reason I would still say its ok for boys to wear dresses, is not because I don't think that some kids will be pressured into it/it coudl cause problems.. its more just weighing up the risks assosiated.

If I presume that there are transgender kids (as I believe there are), then I have to weigh the risks of: the negative effects of some non-trans kids being encouraged to act trans.. vs the negative effects actual trans kids being denied the ability to be trans

With medical intervention - for me the risk to non-trans kids who could be influenced, is greater then the harm to trans kids who may miss out... but with just dressing/acting, the risk to non trans kids seems less to me then the harm to trans kids who may miss out

If you see what I mean? Its not that the pressure won't happen, and some kids won't be influenced by friends/family/media into doing something they don't need to - its just that dressing up for a few years poses less risk then medical intervention, so it becomes a more reasonable price to pay to accomodate the genuinly transgender kids.
Wōden
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Royal Oak)
I put letting children physically transition in the same category as indoctrinating children into religion.
It's leagues worse frankly. Religious indoctrination is at least reversible, and many grow out of it as soon as they are exposed to better information. It boggles my mind that there are doctors out there, of all people, who are willingly subjecting children to life changing hormonal treatments over what could well turn out to be nothing more than a childhood phase.
Last edited by Wōden; 4 weeks ago
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
I think we are on the same page mostly - for me the reason I would still say its ok for boys to wear dresses, is not because I don't think that some kids will be pressured into it/it coudl cause problems.. its more just weighing up the risks assosiated.

If I presume that there are transgender kids (as I believe there are), then I have to weigh the risks of: the negative effects of some non-trans kids being encouraged to act trans.. vs the negative effects actual trans kids being denied the ability to be trans

With medical intervention - for me the risk to non-trans kids who could be influenced, is greater then the harm to trans kids who may miss out... but with just dressing/acting, the risk to non trans kids seems less to me then the harm to trans kids who may miss out

If you see what I mean? Its not that the pressure won't happen, and some kids won't be influenced by friends/family/media into doing something they don't need to - its just that dressing up for a few years poses less risk then medical intervention, so it becomes a more reasonable price to pay to accomodate the genuinly transgender kids.
Yes, true.

i agree that we should provide spaces for kids to be kids. If they want to wear a dress today and shorts tomorrow, it should be fine. The only issue is encouraging such a behaviour because they could be trans.

I also agree that we should not force expectations on children to live and behave like adults. Allowing spaces to explore and grow should be a priority. Hence why the option of gender re-assignment or surgeries should be taken off the table until they are adults.
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Wōden)
It's leagues worse frankly. Religious indoctrination is at least reversible, and many grow out of it as soon as they are exposed to better information. It boggles my mind that there are doctors out there, of all people, who are willingly subjecting children to life changing hormonal treatments over what could well turn out to be nothing more than a childhood phase.
Try telling that to that ISIS traitor and her sprog. But yes, it is a sad state of affair. Childhood should be an uncomplicated time and this is being ruined. Life is **** anyway, at least give the kids a childhood
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bingle21)
It's kind of like circumcision but extreme
what a fully competent adult ( or in few cases 17 year olds , having bee ndetermined to have threquisite level of understanding ) deciding to have GCS ?
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Wōden)
what age are hormonal treatments prescribed ?
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Yes, true.

i agree that we should provide spaces for kids to be kids. If they want to wear a dress today and shorts tomorrow, it should be fine. The only issue is encouraging such a behaviour because they could be trans.

I also agree that we should not force expectations on children to live and behave like adults. Allowing spaces to explore and grow should be a priority. Hence why the option of gender re-assignment or surgeries should be taken off the table until they are adults.
thank you for demonstrating your ignorance on the current international , evidence based treatment pathways for gender dysphoria
eez
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
they dont hate their anatomy they hate themselves!
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by eez)
they dont hate their anatomy they hate themselves!
thankyuo for demonstrating your ignorance of gender dysphoria ...
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by eez)
im actually quoting a trans person who was in a documentary dedicated to those who'd undergone surgery and have since regretted it. its very educational and informative documentary and i highly suggest you educate yourself you snowflake dipshit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pxxBQm114k
thankyou for demonstratiing you r ignorance ...

that Russian State broadcastign produced 'documentary' is pile of shite
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by InArduisFouette)
thank you for demonstrating your ignorance on the current international , evidence based treatment pathways for gender dysphoria
You are very welcome. All the best.
eez
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

i mean you must be pretty ignorant if you're not willing to listen to their side of the story. i honestly doubt you have any knowledge on the integrity of the documentary either. really, please stop, you're digging yourself a bigger hole.
Last edited by eez; 4 weeks ago
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

why is it a pile of shite? are you claiming that the people int he video are not telling the truth?

I went into it skeptical because of it being from RT, but it seems to me to just mostly be the people talking about their experiances.

(and by the way, speaking as someone with personal experiance of this - you would be shocked at the number of people who de-transition. it is far far more common then the trans activists would like you to believe.. plenty of people detransition, for a multitude of reasons:

- some find that their trans thoughts were linked to other mental health issues, and once the other ones clear up, their gender reverts as well
- some find the experiance of living as trans/the incomplete nature of a transition, harder mentally then the dysphoria it replaced (think - if you want a cake badly for years.. and I give you just a smell of one.. to be honest youd rather have none, because the little feeling of it you do get, makes you miss/want the real thing even more, none is sometimes better mentally then half.
- some find that their gender is fluid, and they go through different phases in their life, so medical intervention isn't wise,
- some start transitioning, and for practical/relationship reasons stop
- some find that they can satisfy their desires just by cross dressing/roleplaying/games etc. Obviously in an ideal world they would choose to be female - but given that that isn't 100% an option.. they would rather stay as they are.
- some are misled by false information, and then realise that they didn't quite understand what they were getting themselves in for.
- some just find their feelings of dyshporia and gender feelings fade or change with age.. especially between teenager/adult life
etc.

There are plenty of reasons, and for each one you will find people who de-transition. Trans activists like to paint it as a one-way road: Your trans.. so transition to X degree that you want, then your great! But in reality people do detransition, and the risk of making a mistake is always there.
yudothis
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
There is nothing evidence based about the current treatment being pushed by lobbyists. Hence the recent article by doctor of GIDS saying they are being pressured.
yudothis
Rep:
?

Typical TVA, everything that is not what you want to hear, must be wrong or fake.
Dandaman1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
There are a lot of studies suggesting the majority of 'trans' children cease feeling transgender as they become older, especially after they go through puberty. Therefore it would be wise to hold off on any sort of medical sex change until they reach the age of consent when they are mature enough to make their own decisions (and mistakes.)

I worry some parents encourage transgenderism in their children. Parents who do that are child abusers, and the ones who put their children through sex changes should be behind bars.
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
however difficult the truth is to swallow, many do regret transitioning surgically especially at a young age...
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dandaman1)
There are a lot of studies suggesting the majority of 'trans' children cease feeling transgender as they become older, especially after they go through puberty. Therefore it would be wise to hold off on any sort of medical sex change until they reach the age of consent when they are mature enough to make their own decisions (and mistakes.)

I worry some parents encourage transgenderism in their children. Parents who do that are child abusers, and the ones who put their children through sex changes should be behind bars.

these 'parents' are practicing child abuse imo - they want to steer the children away from gender roles, even though alone, they admit to not being comfortable with it
yudothis
Rep:
?
Update: The head of the clinic has now resigned.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...or-quits-chaos
Abu 'Abdullah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)

these 'parents' are practicing child abuse imo - they want to steer the children away from gender roles, even though alone, they admit to not being comfortable with it
Don't worry guys, the presence of Muslims and Christians in the West will keep a good balance in how society turns out; we won't allow this abuse to become mainstream!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.94%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.15%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (124)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.46%

Watched Threads