Ex's roomates added me on Facebook?? Watch

NatsP29
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
After a smoothish break-up, two out of the four roomates of my ex have added me on fb. I got to know them all slightly when I used to go round his and was quite a nice little group. When we broke up
it was crap obviously, but one of his male roomates added me of fb. I didn't find this one too weird as I reckon he had a bit of a crush on me. But the other add confuses me as she didn't really talk to me much... am I overthinking about this , or does this mean anything?
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by NatsP29)
After a smoothish break-up, two out of the four roomates of my ex have added me on fb. I got to know them all slightly when I used to go round his and was quite a nice little group. When we broke up
it was crap obviously, but one of his male roomates added me of fb. I didn't find this one too weird as I reckon he had a bit of a crush on me. But the other add confuses me as she didn't really talk to me much... am I overthinking about this , or does this mean anything?
You can either take it at face value and they want to be friends. Engage with them and see.
Alternatively its some plan by ex to keep an eye on you through them , unless ofc he is still on FB?

If not sure engage with them and see if theres a friendship there? Maybe the boy has other motives.
NatsP29
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
You can either take it at face value and they want to be friends. Engage with them and see.
Alternatively its some plan by ex to keep an eye on you through them , unless ofc he is still on FB?

If not sure engage with them and see if theres a friendship there? Maybe the boy has other motives.
This is such good advice. I'll maybe start to chat to them a little more
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe they both generally liked you and had a good impression of you. Since you've broken up with their friend, they both probably wanted to stay in touch with you somehow. I'd take it as a compliment

Play it by ear and go with the flow. I'm sure they mean no malice.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 4 weeks ago
This is such good advice. I'll maybe start to chat to them a little more
I dont know the dynamic, but if you arent worried about ex, then you dont have to lose them as friends. Maybe meet the girl for lunch or go shopping and get a better feel as if she wants to stay friends and how that will work. You dont say about the break up other than smoothly. My hunch is you know how to look after yourself with the boy and it could be innocent. The other housemates might still be fine with being friends as well, but didnt feel the need to facebook as two of them are in contact. See how it goes. It makes a change because all this week its been threads on people freezing others out or letting them down, so its worth trying to keep if they made you happy. GL.
NatsP29
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
I dont know the dynamic, but if you arent worried about ex, then you dont have to lose them as friends. Maybe meet the girl for lunch or go shopping and get a better feel as if she wants to stay friends and how that will work. You dont say about the break up other than smoothly. My hunch is you know how to look after yourself with the boy and it could be innocent. The other housemates might still be fine with being friends as well, but didnt feel the need to facebook as two of them are in contact. See how it goes. It makes a change because all this week its been threads on people freezing others out or letting them down, so its worth trying to keep if they made you happy. GL.
oh wow, really? that's kinda sad. They were all so nice to me when we hung out so yeah. It's just I've never been in this situation before haha x
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 4 weeks ago
oh wow, really? that's kinda sad. They were all so nice to me when we hung out so yeah. It's just I've never been in this situation before haha x
I assume the sad bit is in relation to the other threads.
Dont worry about yours, just have an open mind and keep it under review. the only downside is if you didnt split well with your bf and he wants to keep an eye on you. As two of them asked less likely. If ex still on fv with you then no need and can be ruled out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (96)
16.67%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (60)
10.42%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (101)
17.53%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (88)
15.28%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (58)
10.07%
How can I be the best version of myself? (173)
30.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed