Need help on GRADES!!!!!! Watch

AQAsucks66
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Anyone know what sort of grades i need to be getting in year 12 to be able to finish year 13 with DDM/DMM really stressed currently?? :/
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AQAsucks66)
Anyone know what sort of grades i need to be getting in year 12 to be able to finish year 13 with DDM/DMM really stressed currently?? :/
It depends what grades you have now. Tell us your 9 grades.
AQAsucks66
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
It depends what grades you have now. Tell us your 9 grades.
Well firstly as im in Year 12 i take 2 exam units and 2 coursework units. I haven't got my exam result back for the first take but i'm hoping a merit and the first batch of coursework i think i'm getting a distinction as thats what ive been told by teacher, so just say i get distinction in both units of coursework this year, what will i need in exams to get a Distinction overall as it is a double btec course. P.S. i'm most likely going to be re-siting the jan exam i have took (one which i think i'm getting a Merit on) in order to bump it up to a distinction. Lastly, before i forget it is applied business level 3.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AQAsucks66)
Well firstly as im in Year 12 i take 2 exam units and 2 coursework units. I haven't got my exam result back for the first take but i'm hoping a merit and the first batch of coursework i think i'm getting a distinction as thats what ive been told by teacher, so just say i get distinction in both units of coursework this year, what will i need in exams to get a Distinction overall as it is a double btec course. P.S. i'm most likely going to be re-siting the jan exam i have took (one which i think i'm getting a Merit on) in order to bump it up to a distinction. Lastly, before i forget it is applied business level 3.
Its best to id your course.

Normally the qualification that gets three letter grades i.e DDD is called an extended diploma and takes 2 years. its equivalent to 3 A levels and consists of 18 units.

I cant see applied business just business?

https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...ness-2016.html

To get those marks then all merits is likely to get you there. I cant discern which qualification you are doing.
AQAsucks66
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Its best to id your course.

Normally the qualification that gets three letter grades i.e DDD is called an extended diploma and takes 2 years. its equivalent to 3 A levels and consists of 18 units.

I cant see applied business just business?

https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...ness-2016.html

To get those marks then all merits is likely to get you there. I cant discern which qualification you are doing.
So basically you reckon i can get two distinctions (DD) or one merit and one distinction (DM) by achieving distinctions on coursework units and 1 exam with Merits for if there are any more exam units left, if that makes sense. I'm sorry i didn't explain properly when i say DDM/DMM i was meant to tell you that i do double business and single Cambridge Technicals IT so i was referring to me being able to get two distinctions and how they average out for the applied business course i take.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.34%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.61%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.49%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (35)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.3%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.92%

Watched Threads