Mom is trying to force me on holiday Watch

Blueclueless
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My parents want to go to Singapore this year on my birthday and they gave me the option on wether I wanted to go or not. Since then after it being said I didn’t want to go they changed their tune and are telling me “yes you do want to go” “it’s going to be nice” “it’ll be so funny when you’re sitting on the plane with us” it’s infuriating and I’m sticking to my guns and refusing still.

I don’t want to go as every holiday with my family is constantly miserable ending with an argument between either my parents or my sister and i. I have ADHD and as a result hate loud crowded places which the Grand Prix will be. Also I had plans for my 18th birthday (which my family where aware of) and don’t want the memory of my 18th to be being dragged and forced into things I hate

( I would like to clarify that the holiday isnt FOR my birthday it just overlaps. It’s so they can see the Grand Prix)

also no comments about “but Singapore is so nice!!!!!” Because I dont give a ****
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Blueclueless; 4 weeks ago
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Blueclueless)
My parents want to go to Singapore this year on my birthday and they gave me the option on wether I wanted to go or not. Since then after it being said I didn’t want to go they changed their tune and are telling me “yes you do want to go” “it’s going to be nice” “it’ll be so funny when you’re sitting on the plane with us” it’s infuriating and I’m sticking to my guns and refusing still.
Why do you not want to go on holiday? Singapore isn't that bad!
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
See the problem is with this quote You’ve done exactly what my parents have done. Concentrating on what you think rather then what I want to do. You ignored that I dont want to go and instead jumped to how nice the place is. Is that what I asked?
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
Maybe he prefers colder climates? I find it weird how his parents gave him the option to go on holiday on HIS own birthday... weird lol

EDIT
ok why don't you wanna go then?
Last edited by ZombieTheWolf; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ZombieTheWolf)
Maybe he prefers colder climates? I find it weird how his parents gave him the option to go on holiday on HIS own birthday... weird lol
*her
Kian Stevens
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They don't sound forceful, as all they're doing is making light-hearted, rhetoric jeers at your decision.
If you're getting infuriated by that then you should lighten up a bit. They asked for your decision, you said no, and now they're making playful remarks possibly in disappointment that you're not going on your birthday...
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kian Stevens)
They don't sound forceful, as all they're doing is making light-hearted, rhetoric jeers at your decision.
If you're getting infuriated by that then you should lighten up a bit. They asked for your decision, you said no, and now they're making playful remarks possibly in disappointment that you're not going on your birthday...
As I did put in the post they’re not going as a celebration of my 18th their going to watch car racing with crowds and loud noise two things they know for a fact that I hate also I understand the confusion but they say things things harshly and forcefully saying “yes you are” everytime i say I’m not going.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago

EDIT
Every holiday with my family is always miserable as I’m forced to do things they want to do which i wouldn’t mind except its always things they know I hate
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
what great parents. most kids get threatened with a beating, you get threatened with a holiday...
lconlon13
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Man I'd hate to have to fly all the way to Singapore, go to a grand prix spend a few days there over my birthday eat some quality food and then fly back. What a chore.

You sound like an ********
Blueclueless
Rep:
?
Right... only youve written this without any idea what my family is like, I’ve asked for advise and you’ve just made yourself sound like an ******* to be honest
Last edited by Blueclueless; 4 weeks ago
Blueclueless
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
what great parents. most kids get threatened with a beating, you get threatened with a holiday...
Shut up you preachy moron 😂🙄
London090
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why wouldn't you want to go see the Grand Prix?!!!
Blueclueless
Rep:
?
(Original post by London090)
Why wouldn't you want to go see the Grand Prix?!!!
Did you not read the part about how I have adhd and hate loud crowded places? Or where you that quick to jump to conclusions you didn’t think about that?
Blueclueless
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kian Stevens)
That’s not how they say it although I get the confusion. There saying these things forcefully and harshly as if telling me I do want to go will change my mind. The holiday isn’t for my birthday it’s so they can see the grad prix
London090
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Did you not read the part about how I have adhd and hate loud crowded places? Or where you that quick to jump to conclusions you didn’t think about that?
Yeah I skim read what you wrote because it sort of seems like you're being really lazy about this whole holiday trip. If you're turning 18 then go on the trip, ditch your family during the trip and go see and do what you want in Singapore.Trust me when I say that a lot of people would love to have the opportunity to watch the Grand Prix. But seeing as you dislike crowded places then just don't go, that's it. You act like your parents are going to physically drag you in, come on mate you're almost 18😂 no is no/
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Shut up you preachy moron 😂🙄
I definitely would not want to take you on holiday. You are being unfairly aggressive
Blueclueless
Rep:
?

EDIT
It’s not for my birthday It’s so they can see the Grand Prix. They literally forgot my birthday would fall in the midst of the holiday. I hate loud crowded places as I have anxiety and adhd. On top of that as I said every single holiday wothmy family ends miserably, the last one ended up with my parents almost getting a divorce and the one before that was horrible and I wasnt allowed to do anything I wanted on either of these holidays
Blueclueless
Rep:
?
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
I definitely would not want to take you on holiday. You are being unfairly aggressive
Mkay but you’re the one leaving unwanted preachy advise 😂 I asked how I could get them to let me stay home not for a sensitivity lecture
Blueclueless
Rep:
?
(Original post by London090)
Yeah I skim read what you wrote because it sort of seems like you're being really lazy about this whole holiday trip. If you're turning 18 then go on the trip, ditch your family during the trip and go see and do what you want in Singapore.Trust me when I say that a lot of people would love to have the opportunity to watch the Grand Prix. But seeing as you dislike crowded places then just don't go, that's it. You act like your parents are going to physically drag you in, come on mate you're almost 18😂 no is no/
I really wish my parents had the same mature mentality as you but yes, as stupid as it seems they will force me to go to both the holiday and the Prix. I appreciate you’re advise though and I might bring upto them that as you said I will be an adult
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (95)
16.73%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (60)
10.56%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (100)
17.61%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (85)
14.96%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (57)
10.04%
How can I be the best version of myself? (171)
30.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise