My friends intentionally left me out and I don’t know how it happened Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I graduated last year and I became distant from a lot of uni friends because of various reasons, mostly I felt as if I did so much for them and didn’t get anything back. However I was close to my course mates, three of them. Two of them I became distant but still kept in touch with up to the point where they stopped making effort so I gradually stopped too, but one of them I kept in contact with and met up with 2 weeks ago as well. And then today I see they all met up without me and no one even asked if I could come or anything. I confronted the friend I keep in touch with (I consider them my best friend) and they ignored my messages and turned off their last seen. I noticed all three of them were online so I assume they made another group chat. I feel so sad because I did so much for them, I loved them genuinely and they just never really appreciated me and now even the one friend I thought I had left from uni did this to me. I just feel so down and I need advice please thank you for reading
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Sataris
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is it possible the three of them had a closer relationship with each other than you?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sataris)
Is it possible the three of them had a closer relationship with each other than you?
I don’t think so. We were the type to hang out together and do everything together and if we ever did anything without each other it was mainly in pairs. One of us dropped out so she was left out during uni but that wasn’t our fault and now it’s me being excluded but I haven’t been told why so I don’t understand really
Sataris
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don’t think so. We were the type to hang out together and do everything together and if we ever did anything without each other it was mainly in pairs. One of us dropped out so she was left out during uni but that wasn’t our fault and now it’s me being excluded but I haven’t been told why so I don’t understand really
So you have all graduated by this point, yes?
Sandhu11
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I graduated last year and I became distant from a lot of uni friends because of various reasons, mostly I felt as if I did so much for them and didn’t get anything back. However I was close to my course mates, three of them. Two of them I became distant but still kept in touch with up to the point where they stopped making effort so I gradually stopped too, but one of them I kept in contact with and met up with 2 weeks ago as well. And then today I see they all met up without me and no one even asked if I could come or anything. I confronted the friend I keep in touch with (I consider them my best friend) and they ignored my messages and turned off their last seen. I noticed all three of them were online so I assume they made another group chat. I feel so sad because I did so much for them, I loved them genuinely and they just never really appreciated me and now even the one friend I thought I had left from uni did this to me. I just feel so down and I need advice please thank you for reading
Im sorry that you had to go through this 😕 reminds me of my 3 friends sigh😔. Did so much together and at the end I get blamed for everything and am made look like the evil guy. Yet we all were as bad as each other. I realised I should have been smart and not got comfortable enough to trust that one friend with anything who ruined my name and made me look like a fool across the whole class and our friendship of 3. I should have just stayed true to my own word and not taken the side of my “friend” as in get influenced who used me to gain other peoples trust/friendship. People nowadays just have evils. Ain’t nobody a true friend. Myself being the lazy guy could give 0 fs and just let it slide. I just had to implement the thought in me of realising that “friends come and go, but family stays” and “laugh with many but don’t trust any”. Anyways as for the other 2 friends I genuinely give 0 fs cause if they were to fall for the words of that one friend, it just shows that they weren’t true friends at first place. Besides why should I even make the effort to gain their friendship or even care about it. Tho I know how you feel cause you are attached so was I and lowkey still get flashbacks of the good times we had. But with time these feelings will fade away and end up making new friends.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sataris)
So you have all graduated by this point, yes?
Yes
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sandhu11)
Im sorry that you had to go through this 😕 reminds me of my 3 friends sigh😔. Did so much together and at the end I get blamed for everything and am made look like the evil guy. Yet we all were as bad as each other. I realised I should have been smart and not got comfortable enough to trust that one friend with anything who ruined my name and made me look like a fool across the whole class and our friendship of 3. I should have just stayed true to my own word and not taken the side of my “friend” as in get influenced who used me to gain other peoples trust/friendship. People nowadays just have evils. Ain’t nobody a true friend. Myself being the lazy guy could give 0 fs and just let it slide. I just had to implement the thought in me of realising that “friends come and go, but family stays” and “laugh with many but don’t trust any”. Anyways as for the other 2 friends I genuinely give 0 fs cause if they were to fall for the words of that one friend, it just shows that they weren’t true friends at first place. Besides why should I even make the effort to gain their friendship or even care about it. Tho I know how you feel cause you are attached so was I and lowkey still get flashbacks of the good times we had. But with time these feelings will fade away and end up making new friends.
It really does hurt and I’m sorry it happened to you to. I’ve come to the realisation that I need to stop trusting people so easily and opening up to them. Like you said, time will heal which I hope is the case 💔
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Been there before. It hurts at the time but you'll move on and meet better people. I don't have many, if any, friends at the moment and feel like I'm being excluded from things - I'm struggling with it a lot and it's getting me down. Luckily I have a great partner who is very supportive but there's nothing like a good group of friends alongside, even if it's just a few people.
Anony95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That sounds so nasty! And it sounds like you're sure there was no cause of fall-out either.

I'm in a somewhat similar place with uni friends excluding me while we're studying together and it does sting, as petty as some of it sounds, but when it's a pattern and a group excluding one person you cannot help but notice it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (50)
15.11%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (28)
8.46%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (63)
19.03%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (51)
15.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (39)
11.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (100)
30.21%

Watched Threads