katielwis
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I wanted to start revising relatively early this year but I can’t find any A-Level RS textbooks online. I think OCR and WJEC follow the same course outline but I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get Philosophy, Ethics and Buddhism books? Thank you )
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by katielwis)
So I wanted to start revising relatively early this year but I can’t find any A-Level RS textbooks online. I think OCR and WJEC follow the same course outline but I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get Philosophy, Ethics and Buddhism books? Thank you )
Ok, so I've got good news and bad news.

If you're talking about A2, Illuminate Publishing decided that they could not publish the Ethics or the Buddhism books. Their authors messed them around, and they pulled the plug on the project.

They have however published the Philosophy of Religion book in English, ISBN: 978-1-911208-65-5 (available for delivery tomorrow on Am**on), and Welsh, ISBN: 978-1-911208-76-1.

All is not lost re Religion and Ethics A2. Hodder is publishing its revision guide on 29 March - My Revision Notes: WJEC and Eduqas A level Religious Studies Religion and Ethics (Clare Lloyd).

As for Buddhism, I'm afraid you'll have to turn to the textbooks published for the other boards. Just check that the WJEC-CBAC or Eduqas spec is covered properly within them.
katielwis
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 学生の父)
Ok, so I've got good news and bad news.

If you're talking about A2, Illuminate Publishing decided that they could not publish the Ethics or the Buddhism books. Their authors messed them around, and they pulled the plug on the project.

They have however published the Philosophy of Religion book in English, ISBN: 978-1-911208-65-5 (available for delivery tomorrow on Am**on), and Welsh, ISBN: 978-1-911208-76-1.

All is not lost re Religion and Ethics A2. Hodder is publishing its revision guide on 29 March - My Revision Notes: WJEC and Eduqas A level Religious Studies Religion and Ethics (Clare Lloyd).

As for Buddhism, I'm afraid you'll have to turn to the textbooks published for the other boards. Just check that the WJEC-CBAC or Eduqas spec is covered properly within them.
Thank you so much!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.75%
No (314)
70.25%

Watched Threads