gcse revision urgent! Watch

subwaygirl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I really regret not continuing my revision after my mocks in November because I feel like I have no time to revise over older topics, for example, sciences and history etc (paper 1 content basically). I've basically forgotten a lot of detail and my next mocks are on newer topics for all my subjects and I can't seem to find time to go over older topics in this half term break or in the next weeks as my mocks are very soon.

I want to focus on getting the best grades for my next mocks but I can't help thinking I won't have enough time to revise over older content Did anyone have this problem? I don't know what to do
matrix7200
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lol, I get what you mean, I've basically forgotten everything in paper 2 for science and a lot for history and maths.

But what I'm planning to do is revise for as long as I can, my concentration is mad and I can revise for 7 hours daily if I wanted to
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
revise new topics for the mocks, and then when the mocks are over go back over weaker topics. you probably know more than you think, honestly try not to worry about it too much and you'll still have time to revise content leading right up to the day of the exam
i felt like this during my gcses, but i just created a rough plan of the subjects i intended to revise each day and aimed for a certain block eg. 1hr30 then break. there's lots of different ways to revise- exam questions help you practice exam technique and see where your weaker areas are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.34%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.61%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.49%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (35)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.3%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.92%

Watched Threads