The Student Room Group

Portofolio

Hi,

I am applying for archtecture at uni. I need help with my portfolio. I am engineering student and haven't done foundation art. Does anyone have advice or tips on how to make portfolio with engineering content.

I am doing some pieces this half term to show creativity but I have limited time so If guys could tell me what I can put from btec engineering l3 content it would be great, Thanks! :smile:
It’s quite late to be doing this. Do you have a backup plan (like a foundation diploma in art & design) if you’re unable to get enough material of the right quality together in time?

What sort of drawings, designs and models do you have from your btec?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
It’s quite late to be doing this. Do you have a backup plan (like a foundation diploma in art & design) if you’re unable to get enough material of the right quality together in time?

What sort of drawings, designs and models do you have from your btec?

Well I am designing novelty lamp atm. I have stools design for my gcse pd. I have CAD projects like Car rim. I have done isometric, orthographic, etc views. I do have some art work that I do at home. I have made stuff with use of different machines but I don't know if that will be relevant. I have modelled through laser cutting machine, Hurco, CNC etc. I also have poetry piece (but again don't know of that will be relevant)
Reply 3
I reckon you could put together pages that show delvelopment and alongside that some sketches/ paintings etc that is not relevant to what your doing right now:smile:) good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending