Portofolio Watch

S.shokar17
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I am applying for archtecture at uni. I need help with my portfolio. I am engineering student and haven't done foundation art. Does anyone have advice or tips on how to make portfolio with engineering content.

I am doing some pieces this half term to show creativity but I have limited time so If guys could tell me what I can put from btec engineering l3 content it would be great, Thanks!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It’s quite late to be doing this. Do you have a backup plan (like a foundation diploma in art & design) if you’re unable to get enough material of the right quality together in time?

What sort of drawings, designs and models do you have from your btec?
S.shokar17
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
It’s quite late to be doing this. Do you have a backup plan (like a foundation diploma in art & design) if you’re unable to get enough material of the right quality together in time?

What sort of drawings, designs and models do you have from your btec?
Well I am designing novelty lamp atm. I have stools design for my gcse pd. I have CAD projects like Car rim. I have done isometric, orthographic, etc views. I do have some art work that I do at home. I have made stuff with use of different machines but I don't know if that will be relevant. I have modelled through laser cutting machine, Hurco, CNC etc. I also have poetry piece (but again don't know of that will be relevant)
Quyen_3
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I reckon you could put together pages that show delvelopment and alongside that some sketches/ paintings etc that is not relevant to what your doing right now) good luck!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (90)
16.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (56)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (98)
17.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (83)
15.17%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
9.87%
How can I be the best version of myself? (166)
30.35%

Watched Threads